Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no way to downgrade from vB3 to vB2. You would need to restore the vB2 files and database backup you made prior to upgrading.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    Can I revert back to the old VB2?

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    Its Ok man. You have done more than enough. I might just have to make a backup site until I can get this fixed. lol

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    Ok, I fixed that. I uploaded all new files in the ASCII mode. My index file, is still one ahead of yours. I DL it straight from VB.com as well.

Uploaded all new files and its still the same. I can not edit the CSS files in my admincp, but if I type in my site and the /css.php, I can then edit them. But I cant get their from my ADMINCP.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    Line 56 is ADMINCP

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This means there is a problem with config.php. Did you just edit this? It would not have been part of the upload of the original files. What is on line 56?

It might be best to start with a fresh config.php by copying config.php.new to config.php then editing it (carefully) for your details.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    Ok, now I got this error.

Parse error: parse error in /home/shatter-box.com/html/includes/config.php on line 56

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Okay, the best I can figure is that something is wrong with your file uploading.

First, I couldn't duplicate the 'done, with errors on page' issue. I saw none of that.

As for the styles problem, I did confirm that. But what I did find was that ALL of the files in your admincp directory were off in size by one bit vs. the defaul vB3 Gamma files I have. For instance,

your index.php: 36095
    my index.php: 36094

This is true of every file in that directory. And while it's possible my files are wrong, I am not having this problem.

So my suggestion is to reupload the original Gamma files and make absolutely sure you upload them in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server. And if that doesn't do it then I'm out of ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    Thanks Steve. You have mail!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    PM me the details but I won't have time to look at it until tomorrow. It's late, I'm tired, and I have a cold.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    I uploaded all the files, and I just checked the templates and it did not give me any to convert. I can give you the password(S) and whatnot to my site if you want to take a look at it for me. But thats all up to you. My brain is going nuts on me! Thanks Steve!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Hmmm..well that certainly clears it all up.

My best guess is that either the upgrade was not done correctly, you failed to upload some of the Gamma files, or you are not using the original templates.

Leave a comment:

• Altered_Ego
    replied
    I had the lastest release of the VB2 version. I then upgraded to VB3 Gamma. And since then the board has worked and you can post, you just cant get the tags, smilies, or anything like that to work. Everything you click it takes you to the top of the page.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If it's happening with different browsers, then it's probably the files. Perhaps you can start at the beginning with the version you are running, any upgrades you've done, and anything else that would tell us what state your forums and database is in.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X