Help with my errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my errors

First off, when someone is loading my site it will always say "done, errors on page".

When I go into my AdminCP to change any of the styles, and click GO, I get nothing. Same goes for attachments. I click on the manage attach. and its just sends me up top. As the same with the smilies. NOTHING works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by Altered_Ego
    First off, when someone is loading my site it will always say "done, errors on page".

When I go into my AdminCP to change any of the styles, and click GO, I get nothing. Same goes for attachments. I click on the manage attach. and its just sends me up top. As the same with the smilies. NOTHING works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    try CTRL+F5 to refresh the browser and the errors should disappear.

Comment

Done, but with errors on the page.

I tried that yesterday as well and still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

If CTRL-F5 didn't work, then it's your browser settings. You are probably blocking some javascript.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, just checked everything. Im not blocking anything. And it still will not let me do hardly anything. IMG tags, smilies, editing in the ADMINCP (styles and whatnot), still not working.

Anymore ideas?

Comment

Have you tried with a different browser?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sure did. I have tried with AOL and IE

Comment

If it's happening with different browsers, then it's probably the files. Perhaps you can start at the beginning with the version you are running, any upgrades you've done, and anything else that would tell us what state your forums and database is in.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I had the lastest release of the VB2 version. I then upgraded to VB3 Gamma. And since then the board has worked and you can post, you just cant get the tags, smilies, or anything like that to work. Everything you click it takes you to the top of the page.

Comment

Hmmm..well that certainly clears it all up.

My best guess is that either the upgrade was not done correctly, you failed to upload some of the Gamma files, or you are not using the original templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I uploaded all the files, and I just checked the templates and it did not give me any to convert. I can give you the password(S) and whatnot to my site if you want to take a look at it for me. But thats all up to you. My brain is going nuts on me! Thanks Steve!

Comment

PM me the details but I won't have time to look at it until tomorrow. It's late, I'm tired, and I have a cold.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks Steve. You have mail!

Comment

Okay, the best I can figure is that something is wrong with your file uploading.

First, I couldn't duplicate the 'done, with errors on page' issue. I saw none of that.

As for the styles problem, I did confirm that. But what I did find was that ALL of the files in your admincp directory were off in size by one bit vs. the defaul vB3 Gamma files I have. For instance,

your index.php: 36095
                            my index.php: 36094

This is true of every file in that directory. And while it's possible my files are wrong, I am not having this problem.

So my suggestion is to reupload the original Gamma files and make absolutely sure you upload them in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server. And if that doesn't do it then I'm out of ideas.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok, now I got this error.

Parse error: parse error in /home/shatter-box.com/html/includes/config.php on line 56

Comment

Working...
                              X