Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have only mods allocate reputation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have only mods allocate reputation?

I searched but found nothing. I also looked in all the different reputation menus in the admincp including the usergroup but I can't find anything. Is there a way to do this?
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

This is currently not an option.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, you could set all the user groups except for Mods, Super Mods, and Admins to have a reputation power of 0... That would do the trick...

Comment

Where are you seeing that option?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes that would work nicely. I'll see if I can find a way to do it. Mabye If I make it so you need 40,000 posts to have 1 point of rep-altering power or something.
          Danny

Comment

There. I made it so the deafult # of posts you need before your clicks count is 40 000. The only problem is I think it applies to my mods as well.

Do you know if there is a way to reset the system?
            Danny

Comment

THat is what I was thinking, Steve, isn't there an option to specify how to get Rep Altering power? Basically, jsut do what Danny ITR said?

Comment

hmm.. I guess this isn't a per usergroup option...i thought it was for some reason......

Comment

Problem: by setting the limit to 40 000 posts, I myself can no longer give rep points and neither can the mods. I don't like the current system but if it was only mods using it it would work. I also want to reset the system but cannot figure out how.
                  Danny

Comment

what do you mean by reset the system? Change the reputation altering power to how it used to be?

Comment

No I mean reset all points to 0. I have been using the current system but I want to erase al the points. My plan is to start all users at 100 and remove points when necessary.
                      Danny

Comment

You could get creative and use the phpinclude template to set the reputation powers via PHP.

Comment

you could remove the give karma link in the template cept for mods / admins

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
                            you could remove the give karma link in the template cept for mods / admins
                            thats a good idea! anyone know how to do this?
                            emo

Comment

Originally posted by kneesparx
                              thats a good idea! anyone know how to do this?
                              YES! I would also love to know how to do this. Allowing only mods and admin to give reputation is the only thing that is stopping me from using it on my system. We used karma at another board I was admin on and it was abused so very badly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X