Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's dead, Jim.

Hey Guys,

Last night i started to upgrade to Gamma from Beta7, i gave up after a few hours.

This morning I restored all my backups and started afresh again... no go.. on step one of the upgrade i get this;
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the Skylines Australia Discussion Forums database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7:
    Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE attachment ADD thumbnail_dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL
    mysql error: Duplicate column name 'thumbnail_dateline'
    mysql error number: 1060
    Date: Friday 12th of December 2003 12:24:21 PM
    Script: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...de6.php?step=1
    Referer: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...6.php?rand=419
    Username: PranK
    IP Address: 203.217.66.129
    (I put it in quote tages so its easier to read).

Any help will be muchly appreciated!!

Christian

The backup you restored seems to already have had the Gamma upgrade run on it. You need to restore a clean beta 7 backup which has not been subjected to the Gamma upgrade.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The backup you restored seems to already have had the Gamma upgrade run on it. You need to restore a clean beta 7 backup which has not been subjected to the Gamma upgrade.
      of the db? or just the files?

Thanks,

Christian

Comment

The db.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks steve!

Christian

Comment

ok, so i restored the old db (from before the gamma upgrade attempt, and when going through the upgrade, i click to do step 1 and i get

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7:
            Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE attachment ADD thumbnail_dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL
            mysql error: Duplicate column name 'thumbnail_dateline'
            mysql error number: 1060
            Date: Friday 12th of December 2003 10:04:26 PM
            Script: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...de6.php?step=1
            Referer: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...l/upgrade6.php
            Username: PranK
            IP Address: 203.217.66.129
            Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christian

Comment

Sorry I don't know why you are getting this error. My guess is that the db you restored has already had the Gamma upgrade script run on it. Otherwise I don't see how you'd be getting this error.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

So, say for example it has had the upgrade done (which it hasn't because when i browse to the main page, i dont see any forums/threads apart from 1).. what else would i need to do to make it operational?

Thanks Steve,

Christian

Comment

I really don't know since I have no way of knowing what state that db is in.

By the way, you should be running upgrade.php first, not upgrade6.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

yeah i was running upgrade - and it kept redirecting to 6.

i have reverted back to beta 7.0 and most of my admin area is inaccesible due to db errors..

Comment

I had similiar errors upgrading from 2.3.2. I just dropped the fields it's trying to duplicate from the DB and let the script re-create them. Before deleting, I checked and they didn't seem to contain any data at the time so there was no risk.

Edit: I got about 6 or 7 of those errors (duplicate fields). So, after fixing one I would then be prompted with another -- and you can't just delete the current problem field, you need to delete ALL the problem fields because when you refresh they will try to be created again.

ie. If you delete fieldA and rerun the script, you won't get an error with fieldA again but you may get one with fieldB next. So, now you must delete fieldB *and* fieldA again, because when you hit refresh fieldA will try to be created again, and if it's present you'll get another error.

Not pretty, but I got it up and running.
                      Last edited by magnus; Thu 18 Dec '03, 5:53am.

Comment

oh sweet - thanks Magnus!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X