No announcement yet.

Search failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

803000 ... Querying first post of thread...

Running for two days now (10:00 to 17:00 each day), 831.000 postings to do

Comment

We have a search index table with 13 million records, and a postindex table with 42,000 records (just after a new install).

) If the search index is now called postindex, can we delete the records in searchindex?

) Also, should we turn off VBulletin to "Rebuild Search Index"?

) I'd like to run a "repair" on the database. Is it ok to empty the indexes, then run a repair, then Rebuild Search Index? It would save the repair from having to go through a table with 3 million records.

Comment

1. If you completed the upgrade there should not be a searchindex table any longer.

2. That would be best.

3. Yes, you can empty the search index prior to running repair.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

With 600,000 threads, it will probably run for several hours (It's indexing ~600 posts per hour on our server). When it started, we had disabled the boards, but I hate to leave the boards off for several hours. Is it ok to re-enable the boards while we re-index the posts? I don't mind the bords being a little slow while the process runs, but I don't want to damage the database by turning the boards on.
          Last edited by mike999; Tue 4th May '04, 7:26am.

Comment

That should be okay but you may want to repair/optimize the postindex table after it's done.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
            X