Search failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search failing

I do believe it worked when I first installed it, but for some reason, all my searching now (VB3 Gamma) is now failing. It will not return any results, advanced or not.

Any ideas?

How larges it your searchindex table? Do you have search enabled?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, search is enabled. searchindex I can't seem to find? Neither my 'fresh' created VB3 db, or my imported one has a table by that name:

[[email protected] testbcsportbikes]# ls search* -l
      -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 9070 Dec 5 18:45 search.frm
      -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 656 Dec 8 11:51 search.MYD
      -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 3072 Dec 8 11:51 search.MYI

Comment

It looks like you have no data in the seachindex table. You need to rebuild the search index.

Admin CP -> Imports & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Search Index

Edit: Actually that is the search table. Are there any searchindex.* files? Have you looked at the database iwith phpMyAdmin to see if this table exists?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yup, l looked at it with phpMyadmin, and said tables doesn't exist in either of my databases ( as stated, ones a fresh install, ones a port of a 300000 message site ).

Comment

Okay I'm confused. Was this a fresh install ars you first stated, or a 'port'? The more info you can provide, the better we'll be able to help.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I should add:

This is from the 'table db / diagnostics side of the admincp'

search MyISAM Dynamic 0 0 0 4294967295 1024 0 2 2003-12-05 18:45:522003-12-10 09:46:232003-12-10 09:46:26

Comment

What I'm saying, is both my 'fresh' install, witha clean database, has no searchindex table in MySQL. Nor does my upgrade from 2.2.8.

The WEIRD thing is, that I seem to remember this working when I first installed, but now isn't? I hadn't change any dramatic settings as far as I know.

Comment

Since that table is created during installation, the only way I can see that happening is if someone removed that table or there was a problem on the server that deleted it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Is there any way to recreate it at this point?

Comment

FYI to anyone: the searchindex table is called postindex now.

Comment

Thanks Mike!

So do you have a postindex table, and if so how big is it?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm trying to recreate the search index.

It's been going for almost an hour now.

Processing: 40251 ... Querying first post of thread... Done
                          ..etc..

Will let you know results.

Comment

Depending on your server and the number of posts, this can take quite a while to finish.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You can say that again.. it's still going.

Comment

Working...
                              X