Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matze0007
    replied
    You should name the directory "testvb" and I would recommend you to .htaccess it anyway to be on the safe side.

From the License Agreement:
    If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.

Leave a comment:

• TripleH
    replied
    That would be fine, and I would recommend disabling registration if you are going to have it without .htaccess as you do not want anyone finding the test forum and using it

Leave a comment:

• Danman108
    replied
    Well I'd prefer not to .htaccess it.. (its a pain), but as long as I don't advertise the URL I'm fine?

Leave a comment:

• TripleH
    replied
    As long as one of them is NOT accessible by anyone else except for you... .htaccess is the preferred method..., But yes, you can run the Gamma version and get it all tweaked up, but again, it must not be publicly accessible...

Leave a comment:

• Danman108
    started a topic License Question

License Question

Hey,

I have my vb (http://geekvalley.com) on v2.3.3. Now I'd like to upgrade to Gamma, but I want to get everything ironed out before I go live with it.

Would it be 'legal' to install Gamma on my server, (Not advertise it), tweak it, then go live with it?

(I.e. I'd have two copies of vb on my server for a short time....)