Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterska2
    replied
    Please post your question in the correct forum for the version of vBulletin that you are running. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• bugzy
    replied
    does this still work for VB 3.7.0?

and headinclude is where you add it? where top or bottom?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by ericdesmontagnes View Post
    Hi, do you know how can we do this for the 3.6.7 version of vb ? Because i think it does not work very well on my bulletin, even if if copy the text info headinclude
    You should post any inquiries about vBulletin version 3.6.7 in forum that handle such question in 3.6.x, as 3.0.x does not have the new function added - plugins/product and the template 'phpinclude_start' has been removed.

Leave a comment:

• ericdesmontagnes
    replied
    Hi, do you know how can we do this for the 3.6.7 version of vb ? Because i think it does not work very well on my bulletin, even if if copy the text info headinclude

Leave a comment:

• welo
    replied
    For 3.5 use this.

(I believe phpinclude_start has now changed to headinclude in Common Templates.)

Leave a comment:

• Roody
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
    (1) Create a new Custom Profile Field of the your choosing (yes/no / radio / select). I am going to use a single-selection menu for this demo. I put in two options "Top" and "Left". At the very bottom of the custom profile edit page, set the Display Page option to Options: Thread Viewing. Submit your new profile field.

(2) Now you are redirected to your list of custom profile fields. Find the new field you selected and note its Name. Mine is called field66 for example.

(3) Then I placed this in my phpinclude_start template:
    PHP Code:
    if ($bbuserinfo['field66'] == 'Left')
    {
    $vboptions['legacypostbit'] = 1;

Now everyone will default to top style but can choose left style in their User CP. You can adjust the code to default everyone to left style by enabling the vboption for legacy postbit and then changing the above code to:
    PHP Code:
    if ($bbuserinfo['field66'] == 'Top')
    {
    $vboptions['legacypostbit'] = 0;

This does not appear to work with 3.5.0 as mine isn't currently working after an upgrade. Is there a way to resolve this so it can work in 3.5.0?

-Edit- I attempted to revert my phpinclude_start template and when I did I can no longer find it where it used to be. Any ideas on where its exactly located?
    Last edited by Roody; Sun 2 Oct '05, 7:39am.

Leave a comment:

• le`shaq
    replied
    Just worked it out by the help of KirbyDE here! Thanks anyway

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Sure first goto post in vbulletin v3.5.x in the 'How Do I' Question with the link from this thread.

Leave a comment:

• le`shaq
    replied
    can somebody explain me how to do that without the phpinclude_start template in vbulletin 3.5?

Leave a comment:

• Bad Bunny
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=7824
    There you go. As for the two postbits, you should know what those look like.

Leave a comment:

• Darkblade
    replied
    I would like to have a few screenshots or live demo please.

Leave a comment:

• rhorta
    replied
    Originally posted by himerus
    I'm using the following code in my phpinlude_start template:
    Thanks Himerus, this really came as a help.

Just following your steps it worked like a charm.

I have one more question.

How can I link the left position option with a simultaneous change of the font size of the user name. Standard its 14pt, but on the left this doesn't look as good.

So I am not asking how to change the font size full stop, but linking this change with the menu option "Left".

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Butter
    replied
    Create a new Custom Profile Field of the your choosing (yes/no / radio / select)
    how do you so that part

Leave a comment:

• Nxs
    replied
    Thanks for this Chroder, worked a treat.

I wanted the legacy post bit turned on - so the default was LEFT for all users, but the code wouldnt work then for some reason, however with this tweek from Chroder you have the post bit legacy turned off so all users default to TOP but this php snipped reverts that back to LEFT <cheers> unless they specificaly say TOP in the user settings.

Originally posted by Chroder
    Well turning on Legacy via the AdminCP made the code not work, so I left that as default and then used this code in the phpinclude_start

PHP Code:
    if($bbuserinfo['userid'])
    {
        if(
    $bbuserinfo['field5'] == 'Top')
        {

$vboptions['legacypostbit'] = 0;
        }

else
        {

}
    }

else
    {

If its a user, look at the user option, if not default to legacy.

Leave a comment:

• dcallan
    replied
    Originally posted by Slave
    Ahh .. COOL ..

Thanks a lot ..

One problem though .. the dropdown menu isn't in the right position, it should be aligned to the right like the one above it .. and is there a way of getting rid of the blank first option? (see image)

Perhaps the positioning should be entered as a bug?
    In the image that was attached here, the title appears above the actual selection box, is this entered manually via the description field ie (<br>Postbit Template

This is how I done it originally, thought I was right but then when the solution was posted to the alignment bug my userfield_select template was different and did not contain the code we were told to replace, I'm on the latest vb version. Am I missing something?

Here's that image again
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=7824
    Seems like the title of option areas get placed with a colon ( near to the actual selection area itself, why isn't this working for me.
    Last edited by dcallan; Tue 17 Aug '04, 6:58am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X