How to make the postbit layout an user option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freddie
    Yes you could do the same thing with any option in the admin cp.
    *nods*

I got more or less the same code setup on a forum so users can switch between javascript popups and regular option placement.
    To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by AnimeWebby
      EDIT: Has anyone fixed the alignment of the option boxes in the cp yet?
      Freddie has said he's fixed that ..

see ..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...253#post570253
      It's a Savage Universe out there!

Comment

Okay I don't get this. I have the postbit layout on the phpinclude_start template. It works. I have another option, the date layout (normal, yesterday/today and detailed) added to it, and neither of them works. Appearently I need to separate both fields. How might I do that?

Thanks.
        *cough*
        Gio Takahashi
        Owner of www.unitedempire.net
        The Website and The Forums

Comment

(1) Create a new Custom Profile Field of the your choosing (yes/no / radio / select). I am going to use a single-selection menu for this demo. I put in two options "Top" and "Left". At the very bottom of the custom profile edit page, set the Display Page option to Options: Thread Viewing. Submit your new profile field.
          This is all working great on my board. However: How do I make it language-indipendent? Say: How do I insert it into the phrase-system? And how do I read the variables for Top and Left from the phrase-system? It's just that we are planning to open up our board internationally, and if this option is only in german... That wouldn't be wise

Comment

So how would I do something like this with postbit..

I want to make an option setting in the user CP, so that a user can select whether or not their posts are 'copyable' - The way I do it now, is there is a dhtml script in the head of each main style template that disables the copy and paste function.

What do I do so that each individual user can select whether their posts have that code attached to it or not?

this is the code I use in the head:

<script language="JavaScript1.2">
            //Disable select-text script (IE4+, NS6+)- By Andy Scott
            //Exclusive permission granted to Dynamic Drive to feature script
            //Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com for this script
            function disableselect(e){
            return false
            }
            function reEnable(){
            return true
            }
            //if IE4+
            document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")
            //if NS6
            if (window.sidebar){
            document.onmousedown=disableselect
            document.onclick=reEnable
            }
            </script>

Comment

(1) Create a new Custom Profile Field of the your choosing (yes/no / radio / select). I am going to use a single-selection menu for this demo. I put in two options "Top" and "Left". At the very bottom of the custom profile edit page, set the Display Page option to Options: Thread Viewing. Submit your new profile field.

(2) Now you are redirected to your list of custom profile fields. Find the new field you selected and note its Name. Mine is called field66 for example.

(3) Then I placed this in my phpinclude_start template:
              PHP Code:
              if ($bbuserinfo['field66'] == 'Left')
              {
              $vboptions['legacypostbit'] = 1;

Now everyone will default to top style but can choose left style in their User CP. You can adjust the code to default everyone to left style by enabling the vboption for legacy postbit and then changing the above code to:
              PHP Code:
              if ($bbuserinfo['field66'] == 'Top')
              {
              $vboptions['legacypostbit'] = 0;

Hmm... I did that, and yet it stays the same for me.. did I miss something

Comment

Make sure the option in the ADmin CP, Legacy Postbit is turned off.
                Gio Takahashi
                Owner of www.unitedempire.net
                The Website and The Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Slave
                  Ahh .. COOL ..

Thanks a lot ..

One problem though .. the dropdown menu isn't in the right position, it should be aligned to the right like the one above it .. and is there a way of getting rid of the blank first option? (see image)

Perhaps the positioning should be entered as a bug?
                  Just edit the userfield_select template. Replace:

Code:
                    <td>
                     $profilefield[title]:<br />
                  with:

Code:
                    <td align="right">
                     <span style="float:left">$profilefield[title]:</span>
                  Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

Thanks TWTCommish!

That did the job with the alignment bug

Satan

Comment

Cool .. thanks
                      It's a Savage Universe out there!

Comment

very very cool...thx

Comment

Just a note, not a complaint. TWTCommish fix for the positioning works for the dropdown box, if you choose that option. It does not work, unless I screwed up somewhere, if you choose the radio buttons. There must be a different statement which controls their position. They remain on the left, like the check boxes.

Regards
                          Slappy

Comment

You would need to edit the userfield_radio template, using a similar template edit

Satan

Comment

To vBuletin team: you should make the postbit an user option.

Comment

I have template modifications on my board so the style each user is using shows in the postbit. I've been trying to add to that and have it show which postbit layout they're using too, top or legacy. I'm having trouble working out the conditional to put in the templates to get that to work. Any enlightenment? I realise that's not something Jelsoft is obliged to answer as it's not about an actual vBulletin feature so I put no pressure on them to answer. Maybe some other member knows how.

I tried stuff on the lines of
                                Code:
                                <if condition="$post[fieldxx]==Left">/Left<else />/Top</if>
                                but it's not very efficient. There're cases where it's left blank.

EDIT: Never mind.
                                Code:
                                <if condition="$post[fieldxx]==Left">/Left<else />/Top</if>
                                DOES work. It was some other conditionals interfering. I'll leave this code here for anyone who's interested.
                                Last edited by Zelda-King; Sat 20 Dec '03, 1:36pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X