Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displaying "online users" on a non vB page..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying "online users" on a non vB page..

Anyone know how this can be achieved? - I know that there are millions of different hacks out there for vb 2.x that can let you display the # of users on a simple HTML page other than the front page of the vB forum.

Is it possible to do this with vB3?

Thanks!

This requires hacking which is not allowed on these forums. You'll need to wait until vbulletin.org allows discusion of hacks for vB3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This requires hacking which is not allowed on these forums. You'll need to wait until vbulletin.org allows discusion of hacks for vB3.
      I just asked the same question 2 mins ago on the .org site LOL
      Actually I do not understand why this cannot be discussed anywhere.
      There is ZERO files that are "hacked" or changed in any way whatsoever by trying to find a way of exporting the data, so my question is.....
      How can this request possibly be considered a hack request?
      I have used vb for a very very long time now, and we're being given the impression that anyone who even dares ask how to do something with vb3 is out of line..... This just doesn't seem like a very good way of doing business to me.

I'd like to ask, in reference to your reply..
      This requires hacking which is not allowed on these forums
      EXACTLY WHAT FILES WOULD HAVE TO BE HACKED OR CHANGED TO EXPORT THIS DATA?
      I suspect your definition of a "hack" is way way overstepping the actual definition of a hack, which would normally require some type of change to the code itself, which this clearly does not!

Comment

Originally posted by dreamhost
        I just asked the same question 2 mins ago on the .org site LOL
        Actually I do not understand why this cannot be discussed anywhere.
        There is ZERO files that are "hacked" or changed in any way whatsoever by trying to find a way of exporting the data, so my question is.....
        How can this request possibly be considered a hack request?
        Hacking includes modifying the default vB files and/or writing new files to access vB data. Yours is in the latter catagory. We cannot provide support for code we did not write.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X