Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebigboss
    replied
    Some things you know and some things you just need to know who to ask.

thanks very much.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    http://mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com are two totaly differnt domains as far as cookies are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• thebigboss
    replied
    my cookie domain in portalcp is blank and when I go to http://mydomain.com/ and log in all is well until I hit a link that has http://www.mydomain.com/ in it then I get logged out. any suggestions please ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't know for certain.

Leave a comment:

• RyanD789
    replied
    If I change it to blank, will all currently cookied users be logged out?
    Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I would leave the cookie domain blank and use the cookie prefix setting in config.php to control the cookies.

Leave a comment:

• RyanD789
    replied
    I am having a lot of users complain of the same problems... mostly AOL users but not always.

I am on VB 3.0.3.

I set my cookie domain to: .bodybuilding.com

I did this because I want the cookies to work on forum.bodybuilding.com and forum.bodybuilding.com/photo

If I change it to blank, will all currently cookied users be logged out?

Thanks.
    Ryan

Leave a comment:

• LancerForums
    replied
    I'm also running phpAdsNew for our site, but on a completly different domain on the same server.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Ludachris
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver_2000
    I tried the mycookies.php....

It didnt work BUT it did raise a question.....

How many of us that are having problems are running PHPads ?

The only change I made recently was upgrading to the recent version of Phpadsnew. I remember it cause I finally fixed the maintenance script that hasnt run in months....

My members started complaining about the login issue about 4 days ago .....
    I cant be sure when I upgraded phpadsnew BUT it was about that time...

I have no idea how they can be related but - I BET that the issues are related cause PHPads is making cookies

And troubleshooting 101 says "did it ever work ?"
    "If Yes, then what changed"
    Damn it - I'm running phpAds and am having this problem. So what's the solution?

Leave a comment:

• Dragon
    replied
    I'm having very similar problems right here! Under Netscape and Mozilla, I (almost) always get prompted to re-login on the vBulletin forum (and of course, I checked the "remember me"). But I never have problems on phpBB forums or my own vBulletin-based forum (which is still at 2.xx until I get a little better feeling about 3.xx).
    Last edited by Dragon; Wed 28 Apr '04, 1:50am.

Leave a comment:

• teksolvers
    replied
    The following is posted on phpadsnew. I'm sure the software is over-writting VB cookies.

I've only found one problem and I would like some suggestions on a solution.

COOKIE PROBLEMS / VB LOGIN PROBLEMS

I've search this forum and the VBulletin forum extensively first off.

My heavy users on our board are complaining that since we installed phpAdsNew they have to login EVERY FIVE to TEN MINUTES. This is not a 'client side' cookie problem. I have verified this on other computers.

Here's what I have found:

1) I've made sure Innov. and Delivery Settings = P3P Policies
    2) I've added NOI to the policy CUR ADM OUR NOR STA NID NOI
    3) VBulletin Cookie Domain is blank - the default
    4) VBulletin Path to Save Cookies is / - the default

I have installed phpAdsNew as a subdirectory of the main website/forums. I think phpAdsNew is overwriting the twenty cookie limit because it falls under the same domain name.

How can I correct this changing the phpAdsNew to another domain name using the existing configuration?

Is there another way to correct the cookie problems without changing the domain name?

We are currently using phpAdsNew 2.0 running on Microsoft-IIS 5.0, PHP 4.3.4 and MySQL 4.0.16
    Here's the link :

http://forum.phpadsnew.com/index.php?showtopic=5203

Todd

Leave a comment:

• stonecold1203
    replied
    I'm having the same problem. Already tried everything suggested, even the php file that scott posted in the other thread. Nothing works.

Only a few people are having this problem.

Leave a comment:

• teksolvers
    replied
    I recently went live with phpadsnew and I started have the cookie problem. I'm sure there is something with additional programs effecting the server setting regarding cookies.

Todd

Leave a comment:

• the geek
    replied
    Just a note. I am now getting several quries about users not being able to stay logged in. They must put in their password and username every time they come on the site since I upgraded from RC2 to Gold.

Waiting and watching for any thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Q8vbhacks
    replied
    any sloutions

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X