No announcement yet.

Cookie problem with some users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you uninstall PhotoPost and still have this problem, let us know. There are LOTS of reported problems with PhotoPost's interaction with vB3 and we cannot provide support for this add-on.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have a question: I wanted my vB cookie to go for my entire domain (anirpg.com), and as per instructions in the Admin CP on how to do this, I put in .anirpg.com for the cookie path.

I'm now having some slight problems with users staying logged in, and vB remembering which posts had been viewed.

Could these problems be linked with my cookie? Did I do it wrong?

Comment

If you leave the cookie domain blank it will work for your entire domain. Do NOT put your domain in the cookie path field. This will definitely cause cookies problems. Unless you are running more than one vB on the same domain, keep this set to the default '/'.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          If you leave the cookie domain blank it will work for your entire domain. Do NOT put your domain in the cookie path field. This will definitely cause cookies problems. Unless you are running more than one vB on the same domain, keep this set to the default '/'.
          I forgot to mention: Its on a sub domain.

Any suggestion then? I believe the '/' would only give the cookie permissions on board.anirpg.com instead of all of anirpg.com

Comment

If you only have one vB on this domain then I would leave it at the defaults - blank for cookie domain and '/' for the path.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Got it, I was being retarded and confusing my terminology. :\
              Last edited by cdaknight; Sun 18 Jan '04, 5:54pm.

Comment

Alright, now I'm having some other issues with cookies. After changing my cookie settings to what they -should have- been, I started having some problems.

First, I personally cannot stay logged in. Everytime I close my browser, my cookie expires. I do have the little check box for "Remember me" checked, and my current cookie settings are: Cookie Path - '/' w/o the single quotes, and Cookie Domain - blank (literally). I'm using Mozilla Fire 0.7, on Windows XP SP1.

Secondly, one of my members reported that the vB doesn't remember which posts he has viewed, and which ones he hasn't. He's using Mozilla for the macintosh, latest version I believe. I tried doing some forum searches, but kept getting rejected because of words under 4 characters.

I'm currently using a vBulletin 3.0.0 RC2 with some template changes (nothing default removed, I centered some things, etc), located at http://board.anirpg.com

Any ideas? I ran the cookie script and had my member with problems do so as well, and no success on either problem.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Which cookie script did you have them run? As far as I know mycookies.php should resolve these issues.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

hmm

Yes mycookies.php does resolve these issues, BUT only for 1 session. Once a user logs out or closes the browser the problem continues. So for all intents and purposes using mycookies.php in a production environment is useless.

PS: I reported this as a bug in BT, sure hope someone can offer some insight as it seems to be the most disucussed yet unresolved VB3 bug to date.

Comment

Sorry I don't have any other answers for you. However if this were a genuine bug then I think it would be happening on these forums as well as all the others running RC2. What the URL to your bug report?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Sorry I don't have any other answers for you. However if this were a genuine bug then I think it would be happening on these forums as well as all the others running RC2. What the URL to your bug report?
                          Mine is http://board.anirpg.com

I can provide you witha test user, if you'd like one.

I'm in agreement with you that its not a bug, perhaps its just we have something setup wrong. But the question is what.

Comment

Try setting a new cookieprefix in config.php

$cookieprefix = 'bb2';

will force everyone to be logged out and will allow no corruption since the cookies will never have been set before.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

me same problem every time i cant enter to ACP once time enter acp 10 time can't
                              and also many members on my fourms mybe 1000 members can't access they say wrong passward 15 min try agian or send lost passward many complaint to me what should i do plz any help

i upgrade from 2.3.3 to Rc2 and upgrade to Rc3 now
                              every thing ok except login problem .

also i have some Question what is mean this $cookieprefix
                              and if i leave blank what happend ??

Comment

Originally posted by Q8vbhacks
                                me same problem every time i cant enter to ACP once time enter acp 10 time can't
                                and also many members on my fourms mybe 1000 members can't access they say wrong passward 15 min try agian or send lost passward many complaint to me what should i do plz any help

i upgrade from 2.3.3 to Rc2 and upgrade to Rc3 now
                                every thing ok except login problem .

also i have some Question what is mean this $cookieprefix
                                and if i leave blank what happend ??
                                I upgraded from beta7 to RC 2, the problem was solved on my board after that.

Try what Scott suggested with the config.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X