Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• important text files as posts

hi,

is it possible to import text files as posts?

meaning:

i have a text file like this:

subject=x1
    post=y1

subject=x2
    post=y2

and i want to import this into vbulletin so it automatically post the text file under my name into a specific forum with subject x and post y
    resulting in a thread started by me with subject x1, x2, x3,... and with post y1, y2, y3,...

we want to convert an old forum, only posts with subject and post itself into a subforum called old posts from previous forum, just as a reference or archive...
    we could make a dump from the post table from our old forum

pfff...hope someone out there knows what i mean...

the old forum is called ultraboard but they are gone with the wind, dead or whatever
    so scripting wont help...

thnx,
    davy
    www.emecstudios.com (studio) | MAXIMUS, passion for models. | MDO, when nature calls.

Originally posted by emecstudios
    hi,

is it possible to import text files as posts?

meaning:

i have a text file like this:

subject=x1
    post=y1

subject=x2
    post=y2

and i want to import this into vbulletin so it automatically post the text file under my name into a specific forum with subject x and post y
    resulting in a thread started by me with subject x1, x2, x3,... and with post y1, y2, y3,...

we want to convert an old forum, only posts with subject and post itself into a subforum called old posts from previous forum, just as a reference or archive...
    we could make a dump from the post table from our old forum

pfff...hope someone out there knows what i mean...

the old forum is called ultraboard but they are gone with the wind, dead or whatever
    so scripting wont help...

thnx,
    davy
    hmm, I used to test ultraboard and it was quite good. turn out not a happy ending hah?

I thought ultraboard used mysql too? (which version of UB do you have?)

here's some talk about converting UB2000 to iB, then you can import from iB to vB easier.
    http://swarf.net/forums/cgi-bin/ikon...32;t=4196;st=0
    http://www.svenlatham.com/convert.html

it is posible to convert and import the things you need, but it's quite complicated. hope someone can write you a script to do so, or you can do it yourself

good luck

Comment

thnx,

i guess this is going to be tricky as i do not have shell access or whatsoever...thats why i wanted to drop the 'post' table and use that txt file, edit it so only subject and post itself remains in the txt file...
      resulting in a txt file to use for users as an archive file...

and it would be great to have that txt file on the board in seperate post in a seperate subforum but i guess this is going to be too hard to achieve though

davy
      www.emecstudios.com (studio) | MAXIMUS, passion for models. | MDO, when nature calls.

Comment

Originally posted by emecstudios
        thnx,

i guess this is going to be tricky as i do not have shell access or whatsoever...thats why i wanted to drop the 'post' table and use that txt file, edit it so only subject and post itself remains in the txt file...
        resulting in a txt file to use for users as an archive file...

and it would be great to have that txt file on the board in seperate post in a seperate subforum but i guess this is going to be too hard to achieve though

davy
        you dont need to have ssh access, SQL access would be enough, something like phpMyAdmin.

giving database structure, it'd be easier to import/convert.

Comment

thnx,
          im going to try it out...
          hope i get somewhere
          davy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X