• Floris
    replied
    Okidoki .. /me shouts for scott!

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Originally posted by floris
    You can

Close the browser and open it again, goto the admin control panel login screen, there is a button there called [options], click it and you can see it will update and show you the 'style choice', from where you can select one of the alternative styles.

Maybe now you can compare and see all the options or not.
    Thanks for the reply.

This is an old thread that I bumped and I do use the new style now. Scott did help me (with success) to solve this on beta 7, but I recently upgraded to RC2 and after the upgrade the options disappeared again...

So I know Scott can help me with this but I just hope I don't have to ask him that every upgrade

I would like to know what is causing this though

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    can't try the other styles because I can't see the options to change it.
    You can

Close the browser and open it again, goto the admin control panel login screen, there is a button there called [options], click it and you can see it will update and show you the 'style choice', from where you can select one of the alternative styles.

Maybe now you can compare and see all the options or not.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Bump for Scott please...

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
    pm me with phpMyAdmin, admin panel and ftp details and I'll have a look.

I think its the settings entries which are blank.
    Scott,

I upgraded from vb3 B7 to RC2 and the problem returned...

Can you have a look, maybe find out why it happens?

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    pm me with phpMyAdmin, admin panel and ftp details and I'll have a look.

I think its the settings entries which are blank.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    thats almost everything i can think of, hopefully a dev will wonder by sorry i couldnt help

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Thanks for the help, but this didn't work either.

Is there a developer who can look into this pls?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I BELIVE, you need to set your board into debug mode so you can have the options,

Before we start you may wish to backup your database. as im not 100% sure if this will fix it.

First, turn you boards off.

which you would do by, first, EDIT config.php on an empty line, like around 92, and type this or copy and paste

$debug=1;

then go to your ACP, and click on vBulletion Options > and then you will see what says Developer Options, where it says IMPORT Settings XML file, Browse and import the ORIGINAL settings (vbulletin-settings.xml) which you should find in your zip from the members area

then remove $debug=1; from your config.php

reopen your boards

this should reimport the admin settings.

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    Originally posted by Faranth
    hmm, well... the only other thing i could think of is try reimporting the admin settings, however this could overwirte any of your current settings >.>
    How do I reimport the admin settings pls?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    hmm, well... the only other thing i could think of is try reimporting the admin settings, however this could overwirte any of your current settings >.>

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    are you setup to have full admin permissions? try using one of the two new vb3 admin styles for the hell of it
    Yes I am the only admin with all permissions...
    I can't try the other styles because I can't see the options to change it. When I click on "show all settings" everything shows, but without the text...

Also when trying to save something (in options), it reloads but doesn't save it. I have to change it in the database to have effect.

My best guess is that something went wrong when our board was updated from 2.3 to 3.0 beta, maybe the language system... Strange because it worked for a while, but now the problem is back

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    are you setup to have full admin permissions? try using one of the two new vb3 admin styles for the hell of it

Leave a comment:

• dutchbb
    replied
    if you feel its a language option reimport the language.xml
    Just tried that, reimported the language also tried rebuilding it both with no luck.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    if you feel its a language option reimport the language.xml

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X