Options in admin cp gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options in admin cp gone?

I think it has something to do with the language? Anyway see attachment.
    Attached Files

Did you set yourself up as Super Admin in the config.php file? If this is for another Admin, then you need to set the 'Administrator Permissions' in the User Group settings.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, it is set to "1" so that is correct.
      I noticed this since version 3 btw.

Comment

if you feel its a language option reimport the language.xml

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
          if you feel its a language option reimport the language.xml
          Just tried that, reimported the language also tried rebuilding it both with no luck.

Comment

are you setup to have full admin permissions? try using one of the two new vb3 admin styles for the hell of it

Comment

are you setup to have full admin permissions? try using one of the two new vb3 admin styles for the hell of it
              Yes I am the only admin with all permissions...
              I can't try the other styles because I can't see the options to change it. When I click on "show all settings" everything shows, but without the text...

Also when trying to save something (in options), it reloads but doesn't save it. I have to change it in the database to have effect.

My best guess is that something went wrong when our board was updated from 2.3 to 3.0 beta, maybe the language system... Strange because it worked for a while, but now the problem is back

Comment

hmm, well... the only other thing i could think of is try reimporting the admin settings, however this could overwirte any of your current settings >.>

Comment

hmm, well... the only other thing i could think of is try reimporting the admin settings, however this could overwirte any of your current settings >.>
                  How do I reimport the admin settings pls?

Comment

I BELIVE, you need to set your board into debug mode so you can have the options,

Before we start you may wish to backup your database. as im not 100% sure if this will fix it.

First, turn you boards off.

which you would do by, first, EDIT config.php on an empty line, like around 92, and type this or copy and paste

$debug=1;

then go to your ACP, and click on vBulletion Options > and then you will see what says Developer Options, where it says IMPORT Settings XML file, Browse and import the ORIGINAL settings (vbulletin-settings.xml) which you should find in your zip from the members area

then remove $debug=1; from your config.php

reopen your boards

this should reimport the admin settings.

Comment

Thanks for the help, but this didn't work either.

Is there a developer who can look into this pls?

Comment

thats almost everything i can think of, hopefully a dev will wonder by sorry i couldnt help

Comment

pm me with phpMyAdmin, admin panel and ftp details and I'll have a look.

I think its the settings entries which are blank.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                            pm me with phpMyAdmin, admin panel and ftp details and I'll have a look.

I think its the settings entries which are blank.
                            Scott,

I upgraded from vb3 B7 to RC2 and the problem returned...

Can you have a look, maybe find out why it happens?

Thank you!

Comment

Bump for Scott please...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X