X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonH.
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    You also need to completely remove the old forum since you can only run one instalation of vB per license.
    Yeah thanks, I was planning on doing that but more as a matter of convenience and yes, as a matter of necessity also as you point out.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You also need to completely remove the old forum since you can only run one instalation of vB per license.

Leave a comment:

• RonH.
    started a topic Re-install question

Re-install question

I want to make a complete change. My original site hasn't worked out the way I had envisioned it and besides things have changed dramatically since that day and I now want to change directions for my license. First, I have a reseller account with plenty of space (3g). I have a handful of other smaller (unrelated) sites on the server.

I want to change the name of the board and the DOMAIN name and start with a fresh database. I own the DOMAIN name already. I assume I need to create a new database and then reinstall vB3 b7 or better yet, vB3 Gamma when it is released later this month. What other considerations do I need to consider before I do this? I have no intentions of attempting to transfer any of the current users or posts as some will just re-apply afterwards and many won't as it will deal with a different content matter. I want a clean install, as in a fresh start. I also realize that I must change my site location info here at vBulletin in my profile. My license is a OWNER license.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X