Re-install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-install question

I want to make a complete change. My original site hasn't worked out the way I had envisioned it and besides things have changed dramatically since that day and I now want to change directions for my license. First, I have a reseller account with plenty of space (3g). I have a handful of other smaller (unrelated) sites on the server.

I want to change the name of the board and the DOMAIN name and start with a fresh database. I own the DOMAIN name already. I assume I need to create a new database and then reinstall vB3 b7 or better yet, vB3 Gamma when it is released later this month. What other considerations do I need to consider before I do this? I have no intentions of attempting to transfer any of the current users or posts as some will just re-apply afterwards and many won't as it will deal with a different content matter. I want a clean install, as in a fresh start. I also realize that I must change my site location info here at vBulletin in my profile. My license is a OWNER license.

You also need to completely remove the old forum since you can only run one instalation of vB per license.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You also need to completely remove the old forum since you can only run one instalation of vB per license.
      Yeah thanks, I was planning on doing that but more as a matter of convenience and yes, as a matter of necessity also as you point out.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X