2 vbulletin questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 vbulletin questions...

1.) Since I am running the betta verision, will I be given the chance to get the final verision when it is completed, or will I have to pay for it?

2.) In the Admin area, it gives you a place to download the database, if I do that, am I safe with everything just incase the server would crash. So if it would crash, I would upload it back, and I would have everything the same, is this right?

thank you.. sorry if this is in the wrong thread, wasn't sure where to put it.

ITs a good point that you couldnt find where to put this thread

Assumed licence: posts already exist in licenced forums.

1) You will have every oppertinuty to download vBulletin3 for no extra when it becomes final.

2) Sometimes that backup method isnt the best to use, it can time out and you would be left with an incomplete backup. There are quite a few threads already around that describe better methods of backing up if you want to divulge into them.

Comment

Originally posted by exasko
      1.) Since I am running the betta verision, will I be given the chance to get the final verision when it is completed, or will I have to pay for it?
      As long as you still have access to the member's area when vB3 final comes out, you can download it at no extra charge...

Originally posted by exasko
      2.) In the Admin area, it gives you a place to download the database, if I do that, am I safe with everything just incase the server would crash. So if it would crash, I would upload it back, and I would have everything the same, is this right?
      Browser-based backup may be susceptible to timing out before the process is done... best way to backup the database is through SSH/telnet ... how to do so is outlined in Step One of the "Moving Servers" guide
      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Whatabout downloading from cpanel in the back up page... will that work?

Comment

It would suffer the same problems as Tolitz suggested. But might be slightly better than the vBulletin panel.

I cant remember cpanel very well, i uninstalled it

Comment

I use Cpanel all the time to do my backups. I go to the backup section and download the database backup there. I have never had a problem restoring a database from there either. I especially use this method for my non vB sites.
            http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X