Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the subscriptions system...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the subscriptions system...

I have two questions actually..

1. Does it automatically bill them monthly or however the dates are set? And if so, if they decline payment 3 months down the road, will it kick them back into the regular usergroup that away they loose all of their special privledges?

2. If i wanted to have one of them for limited time (lifetime membership for subscribing early), can I delete that subscription and will the users stay in the premier users category or be moved out of it? Because on Jan 01, I am making the month-to-month active, and turning off the limited time special I currently have going

Thanks

bump!

Comment

vB 3 beta 7 and earlier simply put the user back where they were prior to subscribing at the end of the subscription period. vB 3 Gamma and later will send out renewal notices and allow renewals of subscriptions instead of having to resubscribe.

Deleting a subscription will most likely do the same as having a subscription expire but I have not tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
        vB 3 beta 7 and earlier simply put the user back where they were prior to subscribing at the end of the subscription period. vB 3 Gamma and later will send out renewal notices and allow renewals of subscriptions instead of having to resubscribe.

Deleting a subscription will most likely do the same as having a subscription expire but I have not tested it.
        Right now I find nowhere to delete a subscription. This will be in the RC?

Comment

Wow, your from ohio too, that makes three of us

What beta are you using, beta 7 allows you to delete a subscription via a drop down menu in the subscriptions manager.

Comment

Not to mention you have the same last name as me

Comment

Yeah - I can delete a subscription as a whole with all the individual subscriptions, but when a subscription expires for an individual, it simply disables it for that person. They remain on the list (which is fine) but after a while if I can't delete individuals within a subscription 'group' I could end up with one heck of a long list. Many people will not renew. What would be nice is a 'Prune' function (such as Expired 6 months ago so Delete the individual's subscription record).

I'm 21 miles north of the Ohio River (which is 'owned' by Kentucky...) off of I-75 in West Chester. See http://CheechWiz.com

Yes - I'm a Smith. One of many, or so I hear
              Last edited by Marc Smith; Mon 17 Nov '03, 3:32pm.

Comment

Does
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=7496

make life easier?

You can click the various numbers to load up the results.

Click the one in the active row loads up those subscriptions running
                Click the completed one and that shows the ones that are finished and disabled.
                Click the one under total loads all.

Also included is reminders if it expires.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I was born and raised in hocking county (2.5 hours north of the river, heh) you have more than likely heard of the "Hocking Hills".. Anyhow, my father and I used to go to a paylake a lot over by portsmouth, so I am familiar with southern ohio

I think the pruning and everything will be automatically done by VB's cron system upon a users expiration, it would be nice if we (the admins) can specify if and how many days we want an email to go to the user before their subscription expires, then the user can click "Yes, Renew my subscription, or No! Please cancel my subscription".. If they click no, it will remove them on the date their subscription would normally expire, if they click yes, it would send them a paypal payment request.

It would also be nice to do what you are saying, be able to move users from one subscription to the next, and so on with a prune like system Im pretty sure the system will be almost automated though, correct me if I am wrong!

Comment

Nice scott, can you explain for me a little more about how the email notfication system will work? Just so I know what to look forward to of course

Comment

Yes - I've heard of Hocking Hills.

As for subscriptions, looks very nice! Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

http://scott.dev.vbulletin.com/ipn_doc/

is documentation for anyone wanting to know how to setup the system.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

the link was dead.

Comment

hmm oh yeah, kier must have messed up my dns

fixing just now.
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar

Man, this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. You guys should put this in the FAQ area, the 3.0 user manual and all over the place.

Other than setting it up this way, are there any other things we should do to set up reminder messages etc.?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X