Resend Activation Email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resend Activation Email?

Is there an option somewhere for the user to have their activation email resent to them?
    Rack Blast - Web hosting that is So fast, its a blast!

Originally posted by ReveX
    Is there an option somewhere for the user to have their activation email resent to them?
    yes under user manager once you found the user, theres this option in the dropdown box or alternatively u can choose to use cron jobs(found in admin panel)... theres a job sending reminders

Comment

Yes you can do this. You have to go into you Admincp-->Users-->Send Email to Users-->

This is what I do. I go to this section in in the Search Criteria go to primary users group and pick Users Awaiting Email Confirmation. Then I go to the top of the this section and in Email Manager in the message area I type the follow message:

$username
      It appears that you have not activated you account on WhiteBlaze.net. To do so you will need to know you activation number which is: $activateid and click on the follwoing link:
      $activatelink

Now I go to the bottom of this section and click send.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for. But this will send all users that are Awaiting Email Confirmation that message with there name at the top and there activation number and the link they need to click on.

Originally posted by ReveX

Comment

im using RC2,

i copied and pasted and sent this message to myself:

$username
        It appears that you have not activated you account on WhiteBlaze.net. To do so you will need to know you activation number which is: $activateid and click on the follwoing link:
        $activatelink

and i recieved this:
        kneesparx
        It appears that you have not activated you account on WhiteBlaze.net. To do so you will need to know you activation number which is: and click on the follwoing link:

so the activation number and the link didnt show up
        emo

Comment

Originally posted by kneesparx
          im using RC2,

i copied and pasted and sent this message to myself:

$username
          $activatelink

and i recieved this:
          kneesparx
          It appears that you have not activated you account on WhiteBlaze.net. To do so you will need to know you activation number which is: and click on the follwoing link:

so the activation number and the link didnt show up
          You dont need to activate your email account so it wont show up..

Comment

ahh, duh, thanks
            emo

Comment

ok i made a new test account e-mailed and i left it as "user awaiting email confirmation"

i e-mailed the message:

$username
              $activatelink

i got the e-mail, and clicked the link provided in the e-mail.

then i went to go post and it said i did not have permissions, i looed off as my test account and logged back into my admin account and seen that the test account was still in the "user awaiting email confirmation" group?
              emo

Comment

I just did a test on my site and sent this email and clicked on the link and it worked for me.

$username You have registered on WhiteBlaze.net but have not come back and finished your registration process. In order to gain full access and complete your registration you need to click on the following link.
                $activatelink

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X