X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkReaper
    replied
    Here's what happened:

I went through the process, and when I tried to finalize it spun for a few minutes and nothing happened. I checked the database, optimized/repaired the table, and the attachments table still showed the same number of entries and the same 400 MB size. But all the files were on the file system so I manually changed the setting....didn't work.

I checked the database this morning and the size (bytes) of the attachment table was next to nothing....

I just ran the script again, finalized, and after not long at all it worked. Apparently everything works now, and it seems faster.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• DarkReaper
    replied
    Er....right. I changed vB back to using MySQL for attachments because the file system wasn't working. Give me a minute...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I got both those attachments. The first one displayed as an image in the post, and the second one displayed as a text file.

Leave a comment:

• DarkReaper
    replied
    http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpo...35&postcount=1
    http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpo...76&postcount=1

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What's the URL to a post with one of these attachments?

Leave a comment:

• DarkReaper
    replied
    I checked that and they're all 777.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What are the permissions of the specific attachment files?

Leave a comment:

• DarkReaper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DarkReaper
    started a topic Attachments in File System Not Displaying

Attachments in File System Not Displaying

Hi,

I recently moved all my attachments from the MySQL database to a directory outside my WWW root (CHMOD 777). Everything was going fine until I looked at a post with an attachment, which showed a red X instead of the attachment.

How can I fix this?

PHP: 4.3.3
    Safe mode: off
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X