PM Stat's in Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM Stat's in Post

Is there a way to display Private Message stats in each user post? Like this? W/o a hack?

thanks,
    --chad
    Attached Files

Anyone?

--chad

Comment

No.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ofcourse you can

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
          Ofcourse you can
          My bad then. Are you going to help him or did you just want to show me up?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by white_2kgt
            Is there a way to display Private Message stats in each user post? Like this? W/o a hack?

thanks,
            --chad
            My question is, why would you want to? Isnt that sorta...well....PRIVATE
            Come chat with vBulletin fans, enthusiasts, official staff, and team members @ irc chat
            Server: irc.vBulletin.nl
            port: 6667

#vBfans, #vBorg,

1. vBulletin.nl -Nov '03- Competion Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              My bad then. Are you going to help him or did you just want to show me up?
              Hold on I have to test it on my site first

Code:
              (see next post)

You can add that before the last </span> in your postbit_userinfo

Don't use this yet, since this will appear in everybody's post, and you only need it to appear in your own post from a thread ofcourse
              Last edited by Floris; Tue 4 Nov '03, 9:59am.

Comment

FINAL CODE:

Code:
                <br />
                <if condition="$bbuserinfo['options'] & $_USEROPTIONS['receivepm'] and $post[username]==$bbuserinfo['username']">
                <a href="private.php?$session[sessionurl]">Unread</a>: 
                <if condition="$bbuserinfo['pmunread']"><b>$bbuserinfo[pmunread]</b>
                <else />
                $bbuserinfo[pmunread]</if>/$bbuserinfo[pmtotal].
                </if>

Comment

Awsome, thanks.

And I did want it so everyone could see the stats of everyones box. That way they know not to PM them if their box is full. Now another question. How do I get the limit for each user? Say my admins have 500 but regular users only have 70? Is there a way to get that info?

thanks,
                  --chad

Comment

Showing every user in a post's stats is only possible with a source code hack (I think).

Comment

No it's not.

This only works if people are only in one user group though

Code:
                      <if condition="$userinfo['options'] & $_USEROPTIONS['receivepm']">
                      PM box: 
                      </if>$userinfo[pmtotal]/<if condition="$userinfo[usergroupid]==x">y</if>
                      <if condition="$userinfo[usergroupid]==x">y</if>
                      Replace 'x' with the usergroup ID number and the corresponding 'y' with the PM quota of that user group.

If you want to see it in action it is being used at www.peterska2.co.uk

This is my first hack so be gentle on me coz it isn't very technical or pretty to look at

[edit] Floris has released something like this before. this is some of my own work and some isn't (see post of code earlier to see where some of it came from) Any credit for that bit (tweaked slightly admittedly) goes to floris/xiphoid [/edit]
                      Last edited by peterska2; Wed 5 Nov '03, 4:10pm.
                      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Nice job, just a shame it isn't dynamic

Comment

I tried.

And it works good enough for me

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

$userinfo is not a valid variable. You are most likely looking for $bbuserinfo.

Comment

it works on my beta 7 board fine.

Twitter Blog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X