DST not working properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST not working properly?

I've gone thru the usercp settings to make sure it's all fine, and it seems to be. However, it seemed like I had to visit usercp before it would recognize the change.

My question now however, is about it being incorrect while logged out.

I have my settings at GMT -5:00, with daylight savings enabled, but for some reason, my board shows "All times are GMT -4 hours. The time now is 09:40 AM."

It's only 8:40, and it should read GMT -5.

the board is located at www.takemybagel.com

What should I do?

DST is no longer in effect. So you either need to set it to autodetect and view the usercp or turn it off.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

FWIW I live in a non-DST state. I have DST detection turned off and the times remain correct for me.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How odd. I had DST set to detect automatically, but it didn't update until I went to the user cp and came back again. I didn't make any changes, just went to the page and came back. Why is that and can it be fixed?

Comment

I think vB only checks for DST when you access your User CP. Unless something changes, you must access your User CP whenever DST has just started or just ended to keep the clock updated.
          The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
          Articles - Forum Review
          Interviews:
          KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
          Paul M

Comment

Ah OK, thanks for that, it's interesting to know. Lots of our users were moaning about DST not updating, and it seems an odd choice to only update it when the CP is accessed.

Comment

I hear that - I posted an instructional Thread on my Board this morning once I figured out what was going on.

At least now, if this isn't changed in the meantime, all I have to do is bump the Thread on April 4...
              The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
              Articles - Forum Review
              Interviews:
              KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
              Paul M

Comment

More info on this issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X