Table and Column Name for Thread and Post Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table and Column Name for Thread and Post Date

Hmm. Trying to make it so the newest threads appear on my forum home. I got it to work, but I wanted to add the date to. Right now I have

PHP Code:
    $last10new $DB_site->query("
            SELECT vb3_thread.threadid,vb3_thread.title,vb3_thread.lastpost,vb3_thread.replycount,vb3_thread.views,vb3_thread.postusername,vb3_thread.postuserid,vb3_thread.lastposter
            FROM " 
    TABLE_PREFIX "thread
            WHERE forumid = '31'
            ORDER BY lastpost DESC
            LIMIT 10
        "
    ); 
    What do I need to add to get the date that the thread was created

dateline

You don't need the table on every column you are selecting since you are only selecting from one table. i.e. vb3_thread.threadid = threadid.

Comment

oh. so I can just put dateline, and to call it would I would do $last10new[dateline] correct?

Oh Tubedogg, forgot. I tried calling dateline, I didnt get an error, but I realized that dateline isnt the lastpost dateline. Is it still dateline for the date shown in lastpost column?
      Last edited by Rynthar; Thu 23 Oct '03, 12:09pm.

Comment

Should be, yes.

Comment

hmm. how do I call the lastpostdate? I tried vb3_thread.lastpostdate and just lastpostdate...

Comment

lastpost, like you stated in your last post.

Comment

when i put lastpostdate or dateline in that phrase, i get a "Unknown column" error. meh. Its weird

Basically tubedogg, if you go to www.valleyforums.com/forum.php , you'll see on the side we show some of our latest threads. That sidepanel is shown on every page. I want to put on that sidepanel the date the thread was posted. Cant seem to figure out how
              Last edited by Rynthar; Sun 16 Nov '03, 7:56am.

Comment

the column name is lastpost, not lastpostdate.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X