Major Attachment Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Attachment Problem

I am having a major problem with attaching files. I have a 2 MB attachment quota set for the Registered Users group. I have a 4 MB attachment quota set for the Administrator group. This problem only occurs when I have the quota set. If I turn off the quota (set it to 0), the problem goes away completely.

1. Set attachment quota for, say, Administrator usergroup to 4 MB.
    2. Click on new thread button in any random forum.
    3. Click on "manage attachments" link.
    4. Click on "browse" button in manage attachments window.
    5. Select a random size JPG image, click choose.
    6. Click the "Add this file" button.
    7. You can tell file is being uploaded.
    8. Upon completion of upload, attachments window redirects to forumid5.*
    9. File is not added to the list of attachments to be posted

I've tried this in four browsers with the same result (Netscape, IE, and Safari for Mac - IE for Win). I don't understand what is going on. The fact that the manage attachments window is redirecting to forumid5 each and everytime is what has got me completely stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*From my server logs:

[22/Oct/2003:23:28:09 -0400]
    "GET /newattachment.php?f=9&poststarttime=1066879684&posthash=58c3b56bce73b445ef60b40f6ec6715b HTTP/1.1" 200 5146

[22/Oct/2003:23:28:14 -0400]
    "POST /newattachment.php HTTP/1.1" 302 5 "http://www.domain.com/newattachment.php?f=9&poststarttime=1066879684&posthash=58c3b56bce73b445ef60b40f6ec6715b"

[22/Oct/2003:23:28:15 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 27691 "http://www.domain.com/newattachment.php?f=9&poststarttime=1066879684&posthash=58c3b56bce73b445ef60b40f6ec6715b"

Note: The forum that is at forumid5 has a redirect link entered in the Forum Manager. It is set to redirect to another web site on my server.

My forum is located at http://www.domain.com/.
    Last edited by Chris04WRX; Tue 26 Oct '04, 6:14pm.

probably hit your php.ini set file size limit for PHP

can you post the info asked at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

what happens when you remove that redirect link you have ?

as to the redirect i'd wait for a dev's response
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Strangely, when I remove the redirect from forumid5, the issue goes away (I just tried it). I don't think this has to do with the php.ini set file size limit, because this issue doesn't occur if I turn the usergroup attachment quota off, or as I just discovered, remove the redirect from forumid5. Maybe I stumbled onto some sort of bug. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Originally posted by eva2000
      probably hit your php.ini set file size limit for PHP

can you post the info asked at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

what happens when you remove that redirect link you have ?

as to the redirect i'd wait for a dev's response
      Last edited by Chris04WRX; Thu 23 Oct '03, 11:06am.

Comment

I just installed vBulletin on an entirely fresh database to try and reproduce the issue. I created the forums in the exact same order and manner as I had on my original forum DB, and also set up the usergroup attachment quota in the same manner. The same exact problem occurs. Once again, if I disable the usergroup attachment quota or remove the redirect link from forumid5, the problem goes away completely. To further test the problem out, I went ahead and deleted forumid5 using the forum manager. All this did was cause a redirect to forumid4 upon trying to add a file using the attachment manager. Forumid4 also contains a redirect link. So, then I tried deleting all of my forums which contained redirect links. Once I did this and tried to attach a file using the attachment manager, I got redirected to the parent forum category that I was using to contain all of the forums with redirect links. Lastly, I deleted that category. Then the attachment manager worked fine. If you can understand everything I just typed, you're a genius. It is extremely confusing, I know. I don't know how else to explain this unbelievable problem.
        Last edited by Chris04WRX; Thu 23 Oct '03, 11:36am.

Comment

See if this bug report helps.

Comment

Thanks, Freddie. I'll take a look at it.

Originally posted by Freddie
            See if this bug report helps.

Comment

Freddie, you are a genius! I can't believe that simple error in the newattachment.php file was causing all that trouble. It seems to be working fine now. I can't begin to thank you enough.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X