Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• templates as files?

Hey,

will vB3 feature templates as files? I've found a little snippet in functions.php (~ 3904)

Code:
      	// **************************
      	/*
      	if ($template == '<<< FILE >>>')
      	{
      		$template = addslashes(implode('', file("./templates/$templatename.html")));
      		$templatecache["$templatename"] = $template;
      	}
      	*/
    what's the matter with it? Did i find an easteregg or just a left over piece of code?
    Last edited by MrNase; Wed 22 Oct '03, 6:41am.
    That's the end of that!

Originally posted by MrNase
    Hey,

will vB3 feature templates as files? I've found a little snippet in functions.php (~ 3904)

Code:
    	/*
    	if ($template == '<<< FILE >>>')
    	{
    		$template = addslashes(implode('', file("./templates/$templatename.html")));
    		$templatecache["$templatename"] = $template;
    	}
    	*/
    what's the matter with it? Did i find an easteregg or just a left over piece of code?
    templates as files sounds a bit strange to me, id prefer ram access over hdd page access

Though looks like it was either removed, or flagged to be added.

Comment

Templates as files is not a feature we are working on. The code you found is for development and debugging purposes only.

Comment

sure it is kevin

Comment

*shrug* Believe what you want, but putting templates into files would IMHO be a stupid idea.

Comment

indeed think of the number of stats and open files you would have happen on a busy board.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

But this feature might be useful for editing the templates. I prefer using an editor to change templates and in the moment I'm duing lots of copy & paste.

Maybe there could be an action which allows to switch to flatfiles for editing and switch later back to the database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X