Smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilies

It was brought to my attention today that if I have a smilie with the : p (minus the space) and say, : pickle: (minus space), : pickle: wont show up, only as ickle:

How can I fix that without changing the text for the smilies?

onederlnd

hehe, I did suggest to replace smilies in "length" order, so that it always replace the smilies with longer text first, you wont run into this problem.

However, the suggestion was not accepted

hope you will have better luck

Comment

Originally posted by onederlnd
      How can I fix that without changing the text for the smilies?

onederlnd
      Why don't you want to change the text?

If you ran an sql query you can easily change ickle to something like :temp, then change to :tongue and then change :temp back to ickle. Then update your smilies in smilie manager to reflect the new names.

Here is the sql query to change ickle to :temp

UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, 'ickle', ':temp')

Comment

To be honest, I shouldn't have to change the text for this to work. And I'm especially not changing the

mtha: That worked perfectly. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
          Why don't you want to change the text?

If you ran an sql query you can easily change ickle to something like :temp, then change to :tongue and then change :temp back to ickle. Then update your smilies in smilie manager to reflect the new names.

Here is the sql query to change ickle to :temp

UPDATE post SET pagetext = REPLACE(pagetext, 'ickle', ':temp')
          lol, when people call you Andy, have you ever think about changing it to AndyTheOnly, because someone else named Andy2?

When you use smilies, you dont always use mouse to click on them, you type them in too. :) is much easier than : smile : right?

:P is much better than :tongue:

think about it, when you want to smile, you have to S - M - I - L - E, that make you CRY ,

Originally posted by onederlnd
          mtha: That worked perfectly. Thanks
          did you write a mod for it? I did the mod that worked for vB2, but didnt have enough time to work on vB3.

It'd be great if you can share, or PM the code to me. Thank you very much.

Comment

lol actually, I didnt mod it, I'm not going to bother modding until RC. I just did what you said, changed the display order for the smilies.

is now one of the last shown.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X