Import Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Question

I am running vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7 with great success. I also have a small board running uBB. I know that the Import feature will not be added until the full release so I was need to know if there is a way to import the uBB board in to vB 2.3 running in a different directory and then bring the threads and forum categories from 2.3 in to the 3.0 board that I am running now with out messing up the database??

I guess my question is can you merge a 2.3 board in to a 3.0 board with out overwriting or screwing up the 3.0 board??

Mike

No, sorry. There is no vB2-to-vB3 import script either.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

I am running into the same problem as msjulian and and I am wondering if there are any plans to do an importer script so that you can do this kind of functionally? I think that it would be a great addition to vbulletin.
      Jon Whitcraft
      Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Comment

Yes, a vB-to-vB import script will be developed. I have no estimated timing on this. The first priority is ipgrading the current import scripts to work with vB3 and the latest versions of competitive software.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

Cool. But just so that i'm clear on this it will be able to take two seperate vB boards and merge them together?

Thanks!
          Jon Whitcraft

Comment

Yes, that's the goal.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Rock on! You guys rock!!!
              Jon Whitcraft

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                No, sorry. There is no vB2-to-vB3 import script either.
                Steve,

Is there a script to do this for vB2 -> vB2?

It's not in the importers download.

Please let me know.

Thanks
                Jon Whitcraft

Comment

There might be, I think I've seen one at vBulletin.org, however its unoffical and you would run the script at your own risk.

Comment

Ok thanks...I just found it.
                    Jon Whitcraft

Comment

For the record, there is no official vB-to-vB import script for any version of vB at this time.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X