How do I edit template for archive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I edit template for archive???

I just upgraded to v3 of vbulletin to use the archive function. I want to edit the template for the archive so I can add links to my site at the bottom of each page within the template. How can this be achieved?

Also, does the archive actually hold old posts as they're removed from the forum or is it simply a search engine friendly version of the forum?
    Diesel Records

im pretty sure the archive isnt templatised, youll have to modify the archive files.

Comment

Let me know if you figure out how to put the thread title in the title of the page, would love to make this change...

Other then that, you can see my changes here: http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-39419
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Im probably not allowed to paste the hack i did for it here. I can email it to you if you want..

Comment

What was the nature of your hack? Can you PM me a URL?
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

I havent done it myself(to my archive), but it involves changing how the <title> tags are printed, holding off on echoing them out until it knows the title of the thread.

Comment

Sounds like a good change, can you release a how-to over at vbulletintemplates.com?
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
                Sounds like a good change, can you release a how-to over at vbulletintemplates.com?
                sure.

Comment

Somebody Help me out here, Please...

Hello Everybody:

I went over to vbulletintemplates.com looking for the code you were talking about & couldn't find it...

I want to put my thread titles into the (<Title>Thread Title Only Here</Title>) tag on my /archive/index.php page.

Could someone please send me the code, telling me what it is & where to put it in the /archive/index.php Page.

If someone could help me with this , It would make my day!
                  Thank You for Your Time!!!!!
                  DJ5A

Comment

This requires midifying the code directly. Try asking over at vbulletin.org.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                    X