Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I save CSS to file?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I save CSS to file?

    I have some question, hope someone can help?


    - in ACP, how do I save CSS that I've changed to file, and use the file instead of calling all of them in headerinclude?


    - What is the different between SAVE and SAVE (COMPACT CSS)
    in ACP/StyleManager/Edit style?

  • #2
    Originally posted by mtha
    I have some question, hope someone can help?


    - in ACP, how do I save CSS that I've changed to file, and use the file instead of calling all of them in headerinclude?


    - What is the different between SAVE and SAVE (COMPACT CSS)
    in ACP/StyleManager/Edit style?

    Very good questions. Saving the CSS to a file makes it possible to exchange settings between two systems.

    What about a 'Save/Load .css File' Option?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mtha
      I have some question, hope someone can help?


      - in ACP, how do I save CSS that I've changed to file, and use the file instead of calling all of them in headerinclude?


      - What is the different between SAVE and SAVE (COMPACT CSS)
      in ACP/StyleManager/Edit style?
      Save (Compact CSS) does what you ask how to do in your first question.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tubedogg
        Save (Compact CSS) does what you ask how to do in your first question.
        Just wonder how it works? because I dont see any option to save it to a file, or specify a css file to link to, at all.

        Could you explain more?

        (I'm on vB3 beta7)

        Comment


        • #5
          Where are you seeing this button?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tubedogg
            Where are you seeing this button?
            I go to ACP / StyleManager/ Edit style, where I can edit all CSS for body, tables ...

            At the bottom, there're 3 button: Save - Save (Compact CSS) - Cancel

            When I click Save and Save (Compact CSS), they seems to act the same.

            When I "Save (Compact CSS)", it "update" the CSS to database (i think), give me a result that the Update process is done and refresh back to the Style Manager (edit one current style) page.

            Comment


            • #7
              Save (Compact CSS) has been removed from the version of the file in CVS which explains why I couldn't find it.

              At any rate, if you use that button, it should create a file in forumroot/clientscript/vbulletin_css.

              Comment


              • #8
                kevin thats only in RC1 not beta 7.
                Scott MacVicar

                My Blog | Twitter

                Comment


                • #9
                  If it doesn't work in beta 7, why is the button there, and why is the button gone but it works in RC1? (And how do you do it in RC1 if the button is gone?)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    save compact css just removed all the spaces in the code

                    .blah
                    {
                    color: blue;
                    }

                    ends up

                    .blue { color: blue; }

                    or somehing similar to that.
                    Scott MacVicar

                    My Blog | Twitter

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                      save compact css just removed all the spaces in the code

                      .blah
                      {
                      color: blue;
                      }

                      ends up

                      .blue { color: blue; }

                      or somehing similar to that.
                      Will there be an option to save CSS to file, and replace the $style[css] by path to the file later on?


                      Rightnow, I just manually view the page, and copy CSS section, paste it to a file, and change $style[css] = link to the css file. but it's just one way to go around

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X