Login/out Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login/out Problems

My fellow admin at my website cannot login through login.php, he has to use admincp.

He gets error 228, object expected. We think the problem is something with:

<form action="login.php" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password,vb_login_md5password)">

Also, on logging out (login.php?do=logout), it does not log either of us out.

browser?

I suspect its a modified template and that it isn't finding vbulletin_md5.js

though it should still let you login regardless.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

friend is using MDM. I can login, just not out. Neither of us can log out.

Comment

you haven't changed the cookie path / domain recently?

Err whats MDM
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Havent changed jack from when I was using vb3b6, i just completely reinstalled the forums w/ beta7, only thing that is new.

MDM = microsoft debug manager, its installed with visual studio

Comment

ah

well

MDM should use the IE Core. I have VS installed so i'll have a look.

So logging out doesn't log you out? Can you provide me with your cookie path and cookie domain settings?
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Cookie Domain is blank, and path is "/"

Yeah, logging out doesn't log me out or other admin, I haven't asked our users abuot it yet.

[edit: yes btw, i am using a modified template, but the login code is the same as the default in forumhome template underneath the $forumbits for the default templates by you guys, so i dunno.]
              Last edited by RixiuS; Mon 6 Oct '03, 6:08pm.

Comment

Anything?

Comment

Originally posted by RixiuS
                  Cookie Domain is blank, and path is "/"

Yeah, logging out doesn't log me out or other admin, I haven't asked our users abuot it yet.

[edit: yes btw, i am using a modified template, but the login code is the same as the default in forumhome template underneath the $forumbits for the default templates by you guys, so i dunno.]
                  I'd think that you have some other forum in the same domain or your old forum's cookie get conflict with the new forum.

You can try to
                  - Delete all your cookies
                  - Logout of your account (if you want to), sometime, the cookies're still preserved even when I deleted them, so I got adviced to logout
                  - Log backin and check if you can login/logout normally.

I sometime get this problem too, when messing around with cookies.

let us know if it works

Comment