gifs not working..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gifs not working..

After upgrade from 3.00 beta 6 to beta 7 my images do not appear on top of the page.

top_profile.gif calander, members, faq, search and home

Also at the bottom the on.gif off.gif and lock.gif do not appear.

New thread.gif folder.gif ect.ect.ect. if fact many .gif.

What do I check?

Thanks

Did you read Kier's announcement about the image folder reorganization in beta 7?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83524
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Did you read Kier's announcement about the image folder reorganization in beta 7?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83524
      Steve,

Thanks. I did see that, but since I deleted all folders pertaining to beta 6 and uploaded beta 7, I would have thought the mapping would already be done within beta 7.

Still unclear as how to fix the problem....

Comment

What's the URL to your site? Did you check the file and directory permissions? Did you make sure the imagses are uploaded? Have you modified any of the templaes?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

The image file did not upload correctly. I uploaded each folder in the image folder one at a time and ran a repair in the admin panel.

Still have the broken links.

http://www.tanningprofessionals.com/protalk/index.php?s

Thanks

Marty

Comment

I don't see any problem with those icons.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve,

I had to look at the intended paths that the icon was looking towards and put the appropriate .gif where the board was expecting it to make them work.

This required making an image2 folder for newthread.gif. Take a look, weird.
              Last edited by tropicalsuns; Mon 6 Oct '03, 12:53am.

Comment

i got the same thing on our boards when I upgraded to beta 7 also. The newthread.gif image was looking for a dir called image2, which of course did not exist.

I think its to do with some kind of template mod which may have been in place on our forums, I had to go and change certain lines in the templates.

Comment

Originally posted by SySt3M
                  i got the same thing on our boards when I upgraded to beta 7 also. The newthread.gif image was looking for a dir called image2, which of course did not exist.

I think its to do with some kind of template mod which may have been in place on our forums, I had to go and change certain lines in the templates.
                  I deleted all Beta 6 files and folders before upgrading to Beta 7 and the same thing is happening in our forum:

www.dissolution.com/vbulletin

EDIT:

I moved all of the "top_****" buttons out of the "buttons" folder and into the main images folder. The navbar code must not know to look in images/buttons for the images.
                  Last edited by aldamon; Mon 6 Oct '03, 5:19am.

Comment