Quick Reply Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reply Question?

I've noticed that threads open differently when quick reply is enabled.

If it is enabled, when you open a thread, the header comes up and then entire body loads including all buttons, attachments, smilies, and etc. before you can view them. So that by the time you can actually see the page everything is already loaded.

With quick reply disabled everything loads seperately, but you can read the posts while it finishes loading.

So while it actually takes probaly the same amount of time to actually load the page, it seems quicker with qr disabled.

I had to shut the qr feature off on my forums because a number of my members only have a dial up connection and were complaining that it was taking to long to open up threads. Is there any way to make the pages load the same whether qr is enabled or disabled? I noticed that the qr was shut off on these forums for a little while, I was hoping that it was something that was being looked into...

Thanks in Advance,
    Kyle

Edit: Just wanted to say that I use IE on WinXP SP1 1.2 GHz pentium 3 256 mb ram with a DSL line
    Last edited by kyle0515; Sat 4 Oct '03, 11:42am. Reason: to give cp info

I noticed the exact same thing. I have Quick Reply disabled until this problem is fixed.

Comment

Just to give an update... IE explorer is the ONLY browser that I'm having this problem with. I've used these browsers with no problems opening showthread: Opera 7.2 Netscape 7.1
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030728 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1 (I couldn't see my background with any of these browsers though???)

I run a really small board, but I don't think I'll be able to convince all my members to give up using IE and switch to one of the above browsers. I don't really pull that much weight over there...

Comment

I'd like to know some more about this too as it appears to be happening to me as well.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
          X