Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zannie
    replied
    I disabled the -f parameter and it partially started working... then reenabled the mail queue and it's working now!!! Thanks! (ok, i fibbed, a friend of my hubby's reenabled the mail queue for me and that fixed it )

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Zannie it attempts to email those as soon as they are sent to vbmail.

Do you need to have the -f parameter enabled when sending emails?

Leave a comment:

• zannie
    replied
    Wierd.... well then that bit of code seems to be working - but why would one feature work and not the other?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    The thing is, both those features use the same code to do the mailing...

Leave a comment:

• zannie
    replied
    no not contradictory... 2 different problems. The new user mailers meaning when someone signs up for an account it sends an email to me saying so. That's fixed and working.

The Emails that aren't working are the account activation Emails, thread subscription Emails, that type of stuff.

I'll look in the mail logs and see what I can find...

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    That fixed the new user mailers.
    It, however, did not fix the Email problem.
    I'm confused -- aren't those contradictory? I really don't know what would be causing this problem -- might want to look into the mail logs and see if there are any errors (and whether the mail even appears in the logs).

Leave a comment:

• zannie
    replied
    OK. I figured out part of it.

Under the admincp, under server optimization and customization, the option "Enable "-f" Parameter" needs to be set to no (for me/my server). That fixed the new user mailers.

It, however, did not fix the Email problem. In fact, none of the Emails are working. Subscriptions and all. I tried both with the mail queue enabled and disabled. Same thing.

Leave a comment:

• zannie
    replied
    Good question, I'm not sure. I don't subscribe to any. I'll do that and see what happens.

I've noticed it's not just the Emails... We moderate new members and I went to decline one of them and it declined all of them in the queue - it's never done that before. I'll try disabling the mail queue and see if that fixes the Email problem and I'll subscribe to a few threads and see if I'm getting any of those emails.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Are you getting any emails at all? Such as from thread subscriptions.

One thing to possibly try is disabling the mail queue, although I don't know if that'd affect it in this case.

Leave a comment:

• zannie
    replied
    In addition.... it's not sending out the activation Emails.

Leave a comment:

• new member mailer stopped working since upgrading to beta 7

I upgraded to Beta 7 today from Beta 5. Everything seems to work great except the new user mailer.

We vote on new members, so I copy and paste the Email I get from the mailer when a new member signs up into a private forum and we vote. Ever since upgrading, I no longer get those Emails.

I checked in the admincp and I have the proper email address in there. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X