Upgrade to Beta 7 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Beta 7 Question

I have read the posts on the change in the way that images are handled and I have seem to have the upgrade and retain all the custom graphics. The problem I have is the /images/buttons/newthread.gif that is on the top and bottom of the forumdisplay page. For some reason the image call out is changed to http://www.4m.net/images2/buttons/newthread.gif when I did the install. I can not find where to change this. I did a search on the upgrade files that I uploaded and found that the vbulletin-style.xml file in the 9065067b.300b7\upload\install folder has two instances where it uses the images2 call out.

Is this correct??

I was having the exact same problem!

I hadn't gotten around to posting about it yet, but I temporarily fixed it by just hard-coding the path into the FORUMDISPLAY template ( ACP - Styles & Templates ) and that did the job.

But, I'd like to know how you fix this so it works dynamically.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Did either of you read anything about the upgrade?

They re-structured the images. Move your images to where the forum is trying to get them from.

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED

They re-structured the images. Move your images to where the forum is trying to get them from.
        Read the the info about the upgrade. Did you read my post correctly? I said that it is looking for a folder called images2/buttons

The upgrade has a bug in it

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED

Yes, and all the other images work fine. And, in the image mapping document, there is no reference to a folder called 'images2' or anything of that sort.
          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Found 'images2' 3 time(s).
            Search complete, found 'images2' 3 time(s). (1 files.)

yeah its going to affect you when adding a blank style i believe, correcting now.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Had this same problem.
              Trained Monkeys

Comment

Same here. Upgrading from Beta 6 to 7 gave me 6 hours of problems - mainly because of the image paths, and a strange FTP problem that caused me to change my FTP server software to fix it.

Comment

I am getting this as well. It's weird, because I took an exact duplicate of my live forum, set it up locally here so that it was running perfect, then did the upgrade. There was some issues, but nothing about images2. Made a few minor adjustments, got the files where they needed to be, and the upgrade is fine locally. Everything works, and there is not one mention of images2.

Now, when I try that on the live board, I get some issues that aren't any that I had run into with the non-live upgrade. Mainly this images2 thing. How could two upgrades of the exact same thing turn out different? They are from the same downloaded vB3.tar.gz and as far as I can tell, identical. Except of course one works and the other does not.

I tried to do the upgrade locally, so I could just copy the files over, and there would be minimal downtime. And in theory it should work, but not when the board is looking for them in images2. And as the others have stated, I can't find mention of images2 in the configuration anywhere to change. All my style paths say images, and not images2.

I have tried this upgrade at least 2 times on my live board, have had to revert back to vB3Beta6 both times.

Any ideas about if I am screwing something up here
                  MAC-FORUMS.COM
                  The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!

Comment

Same here. Downloaded the files again (originaly downloaded them the day they came out did the test forum and that worked fine) ran the upgrade again and still have the problem. Got round it by adding an images2 directory, as much as I hate to say it my confidence in Jelsoft is going down with each beta

Comment

Its caused by a modified template which still has references to $replyclose
                      this was completely removed in beta 7 from the templates but the code that generates the value was left in showthread.php so it wont show broken images, which is a bit misleading. I've removed the $replyclose setting from showthread.php and I've made sure that the values for the thread closed / reply / newthread have been removed from the next style XML file.

Marty: vB3 is beta software and small bugs do appear between releases, the whole image folder re-organisation was the progress towards the new style to prevent image duplicate. I wrote a C++ program that runs on Windows and Linux that will rename all the images and add the new folders for you.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                        Its caused by a modified template which still has references to $replyclose
                        this was completely removed in beta 7 from the templates but the code that generates the value was left in showthread.php so it wont show broken images, which is a bit misleading. I've removed the $replyclose setting from showthread.php and I've made sure that the values for the thread closed / reply / newthread have been removed from the next style XML file.

Marty: vB3 is beta software and small bugs do appear between releases, the whole image folder re-organisation was the progress towards the new style to prevent image duplicate. I wrote a C++ program that runs on Windows and Linux that will rename all the images and add the new folders for you.
                        Scott, I've tried looking high and low for your Renaming Images program to correct the problem mentioned in this thread (I suffer from it as well). But ... to no avail. Do you have a link handy?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X