Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found where to fix it...

I fixed my forumhome icons, here is what I did:
    1. I opened up a notepad window and copied and pasted my edited "forumhome_forumbit_level2_post" template.
    2. I then reverted that template and opened it back up.
    3. I copied the contents of the new template and pasted it underneath my original edited template.
    4. I spliced the two together as follows:
    Copy the new template from the top to the last </td> before:

Code:
    <td class="alt2">$forum[replycount]</td>
    Then paste it over the old template to the same location in there. Finally paste all that back into your "forumhome_forumbit_level2_post" template.

You can IM me if you're having any problems, I'm feeling helpful tonight.
    -Rebel

Comment

If you have any subforums you'll have to use the same technique on "forumhome_forumbit_level1_post"

Good luck!
      -Rebel

Comment

That worked nicely, thanks for the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by clangrounds.com
          If you have any subforums you'll have to use the same technique on "forumhome_forumbit_level1_post"

Good luck!
          Thanks, I'll try that one, good one clangrounds.com.

/rjpa

Comment

Good luck!
            You don't have to do that for sub forums.

If you have more than 1 parent style then yes you will have to redo it, but a simpler way is to make your styles child styles than apply the changes to the parent style, the child styles then inherit the template changes, then turn them back into parent styles.

You seem to be getting confused with forums and styles.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
              You don't have to do that for sub forums.

If you have more than 1 parent style then yes you will have to redo it, but a simpler way is to make your styles child styles than apply the changes to the parent style, the child styles then inherit the template changes, then turn them back into parent styles.

You seem to be getting confused with forums and styles.
              Well I still had ".gif" broken icons on the subforums so that's what I had to edit to fix it. No, I am not a programmer/coder by any means but I am simply reporting how I fixed them by make those 2 little template changes...
              -Rebel

Comment

I fixed my forumhome icons, here is what I did:
                1. I opened up a notepad window and copied and pasted my edited "forumhome_forumbit_level2_post" template.
                2. I then reverted that template and opened it back up.
                3. I copied the contents of the new template and pasted it underneath my original edited template.
                4. I spliced the two together as follows:
                Copy the new template from the top to the last </td> before:

Code:
                <td class="alt2">$forum[replycount]</td>
                Then paste it over the old template to the same location in there. Finally paste all that back into your "forumhome_forumbit_level2_post" template.

You can IM me if you're having any problems, I'm feeling helpful tonight.
                Well, to your information. I just reverted the template and now it looks ok. Thanks for your kind help all people. This is good support.

Cheers
                rjpa

Comment

Working...
                X