How can vB handle big attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can vB handle big attachments?

I tried testing this on my development server, but when I try to upload a video file (wmv), it looks like its uploading ok, but I don't really SEE the added file in my post. I set everything up in my attachments panel in the admincp as well as the mime types (is video/unknown ok for wmv's?)

Im using the attachment method because vB protects the files that have to be protected and can be played around with from the database pretty easily.

Big attachments will only be made by moderators but can be downloaded by registered members. There will a members area with video downloads, etc and I was wondering whats the most easiest way to handle this kind of framework...?

I heard in some other posts that I might need a file manager...?

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

its limited by the server.

PHP has a max upload size and MySQL has a max packet size and then the PHP Memory limit will have to be larger since the file has to be read into the script and put into the database in a query.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

How can I modify the MySQL packetsize? I've already modified the PHP upload limit. Do I also have to raise the PHP Memory limit?

*nevermind I just figured it out.
      Last edited by b00tsauce; Wed 24 Sep '03, 7:56pm. Reason: figured it out!

Comment

You know what would be awesome? If there could be some kind of upload meter or status bar. Or would there be another way for this?

Maybe you guys are thinking about this feature.

Comment

The only way to get an upload meter is to use a patch for PHP, but since its not a standard feature it wont be used.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X