Googlebot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googlebot

The google bot has my "Most users ever online" up to 54 which is not anywhere near right. I don't have more then 12-20 people online at the same time tops. Plus it shows that the bot is trying to view ip's or modify threads and such but is not given permission. Is there a way to make it so the bot can't even try and so that the "Most users ever" doesn't apply to bots?

Dark Shogun

a robots.txt can help

Comment

If you don't want robots trying to edit, just remove the [edit] button from your templates for unregistered users.

If you don't want robots trying to view IPs, just remove the IP link from your templates for unregistered users.

If you don't want googlebot to raise your max online users, do not accept unregistered users to count for this total.
      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

googlebot = good means more pages indexed in google = more visitors and potential members
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
          googlebot = good means more pages indexed in google = more visitors and potential members
          I know but it was confusing some of my members.

http://forum.crystal-nexus.net/showthread.php?t=650

Dark Shogun

Comment

Originally posted by Lumina
            If you don't want googlebot to raise your max online users, do not accept unregistered users to count for this total.
            is there a possibility to make so only bots dont count to the total?

[edit]that question is kinda dumb, right? there shouldnt be one[/edit]
            [edit2]http://forum.crystal-nexus.net/showthread.php?t=650 lol funny[/edit2]
            Last edited by Dream; Wed 24th Sep '03, 10:42am.
            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment