Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't login to admincp

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't login to admincp

    I added a new style to my board and the new style gave me an error. The old default style is still there though and this was still working. However, I was stupid enough to logout with the new style set as default and now I'm unable to login to the admincp to switch back to the old default style again. (I've tried to clear all cookies etc. and it doesn't work)

    How do I change the default style when I'm unable to go into the admincp? Can I change a setting directly in a .php file?

    Thanks!

    Hans

  • #2
    change it in the mysql database

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buczilla
      change it in the mysql database

      Hmm. I'm not sure if I know how to do any changes directly in the database. Any advice?

      Comment


      • #4
        Try this... if you have a control panel (with your host, not vbulletin) and you have phpmyadmin... go to it, and you will have to execute a query... I really don't know what it would be, but some of the guys/gals around here are really helpful and I'm sure they could hook you up

        Comment


        • #5
          It's hard to imagine how a style set can cause this problerm. Try this. Manually delete all the cookies for your domain, then restart your browser and try the Admin CP again.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

          Steve Machol Photography


          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Steve Machol
            It's hard to imagine how a style set can cause this problerm. Try this. Manually delete all the cookies for your domain, then restart your browser and try the Admin CP again.
            Cleared all cookies and restarted my computer, but still the same problem

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Steve Machol
              It's hard to imagine how a style set can cause this problerm. Try this. Manually delete all the cookies for your domain, then restart your browser and try the Admin CP again.

              Also tried to login on another machine, same problem

              Comment


              • #8
                This is the database error message I receive:

                Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 6:

                Invalid SQL: SELECT styleid, title FROM style WHERE styleid IS NOT NULL AND userselect=1 GROUP BY styleid
                mysql error: Table 'vb3.style' doesn't exist

                mysql error number: 1146
                -----

                It looks for table vb3.style. However, this table is named vb3_style on my server and I don't know why it tries to find vb3.style.
                Last edited by pride7; Wed 17 Sep '03, 8:14pm.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am also having this problem.
                  It says your logged in, but bounces you right back to the admin login page.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    It's hard to imagine how a style set can cause this problerm. Try this. Manually delete all the cookies for your domain, then restart your browser and try the Admin CP again.

                    Will it help to re-install vB or is this useless since the style is in the database?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      pride that SQL query isn't in vBulletin 3.

                      Have you added any modifications?
                      Scott MacVicar

                      My Blog | Twitter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                        pride that SQL query isn't in vBulletin 3.

                        Have you added any modifications?
                        Personally I've only done some modifications to the templates inside the admincp.

                        The problem started when I installed a style from vbulletinstyles.com and I don't know if there where any modifications in that style. I have tried to contact vbulletinstyles.com but they don't seem to respond to support requests.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pride7
                          Personally I've only done some modifications to the templates inside the admincp.

                          The problem started when I installed a style from vbulletinstyles.com and I don't know if there where any modifications in that style. I have tried to contact vbulletinstyles.com but they don't seem to respond to support requests.
                          here is what you do , if the other styles are still present.

                          go to www.yourforum.com/vb3/index.php?styleid=1

                          and then go to the head include bit and remove the code for the dropdown menu. (i had the same problem yesterday)

                          pm me if you need more help.
                          My Sites :

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pablo
                            here is what you do , if the other styles are still present.

                            go to www.yourforum.com/vb3/index.php?styleid=1

                            and then go to the head include bit and remove the code for the dropdown menu. (i had the same problem yesterday)

                            pm me if you need more help.

                            Didn't help eather, I'm afraid

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pride7
                              Didn't help eather, I'm afraid
                              want to PM me your url ? do you have another a/c with admin access to the forum ? because then you can just disable the style and your preference will revert back.

                              p
                              My Sites :

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X