No announcement yet.

Slow forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which makes it all the more frustrating for me Why am I the only one that it's slower for, what have done wrong? heh

Comment

there was some improved loading code that was added after beta 6.

How is the speed on these forums?
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

It's definitely quicker than at my forums but I wouldn't say it was as fast as it used to be.

Like I said, I used to be able to open multiple windows for new posts and by the time I'd finished maximising all the windows they were all pretty much fully loaded. Now it seems I do the same and I'm still waiting for the very first window to finish loading. It's quite odd.

It must be me as nobody else has complained of it. Strange thing is is that it happens in both Netscape and IE so it shouldn't be my browser settings.

Comment

OK Scott, Let's see the new code. It seems to take quite a bit longer for threads to load in beta 6, at least to me (and some of my members).
          I agree with SlackerAPM, It's a little quicker on here than on my forums, but not as fast as it was.....

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...t=82926&page=2
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thanks Scott (and Kier) that seemed to have sped it up a little.... By the way Scott, I'm using a 1.3 mb DSL line... Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X