Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem

I saved my database from vbulletin 2.3.2

But then I deleted my 2.3.2 folders then I uploaded and installed vbulletin 3 beta 6.

How Do I upload my database or is it possible?

When I try to upload it via phpmyadmin I get the follwing error

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/read_dump.lib.php on line 80"
    Last edited by Ciaran_Ireland; Fri 12th Sep '03, 8:52am.

See Step 3 here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      That is no good to me because the database has been wiped off the server and it is on my hard drive.

If you as me anything Vbulletin being so "advanced" should have an "import .sql" in the admin options.
      Last edited by Ciaran_Ireland; Fri 12th Sep '03, 9:34am.

Comment

You can't import a database via the Admin CP because the database needs to be open to run the Admin CP.

Also I don't understand what you mean by 'the database has been wiped off the server and it is on my hard drive.' What form is this database? If it's a backup then Step 3 should still apply.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can't import a database via the Admin CP because the database needs to be open to run the Admin CP.

Also I don't understand what you mean by 'the database has been wiped off the server and it is on my hard drive.' What form is this database? If it's a backup then Step 3 should still apply.

The database was deleted of the server when I went to /admincp/install for vbulletin I forgot to run upgrade and I told it to delete the database.

Comment

And what about 'it is on my hard drive'? You also said you saved a copy of the 2.3.2 database. In what format is this backup and where is it?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That is correct. I have the databse which I download just before I tried to upgrade. The file format is .sql
              It's location is on my desktop.

Comment

Good. Then upload it to your server and follow Step 3 in the link I posted above.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Good. Then upload it to your server and follow Step 3 in the link I posted above.
                  Where abouts in the server should I upload it?

I just have another problem Shell access for the server is not enabled and the host will not enable it for security reasons.
                  Last edited by Ciaran_Ireland; Fri 12th Sep '03, 10:44am.

Comment

Working...
                  X