Lots of styles = slowdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of styles = slowdown?

hi, i didnt know where to put this, but i'm using vbulletin 3 beta 5, and i have about 20-25 forums with different styles. So basically i have lots of styles. What i am wondering is if having all these styles, and more in the future, will result in any slowdown in the performance of vbulletin?

Thanks

I would say that generally speaking, it shouldn't slow things down. There might be a fraction of a second simply because there's more data in the table, but the rows are indexed, so it should be negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by scri
      hi, i didnt know where to put this, but i'm using vbulletin 3 beta 5, and i have about 20-25 forums with different styles. So basically i have lots of styles. What i am wondering is if having all these styles, and more in the future, will result in any slowdown in the performance of vbulletin?

Thanks
      Got 60 styles at the moment and havent noticed any slowdown

Oh apart from the admin cp which is now virtualy unusable on a modem, takes ages to do anything style related

Comment

thats great thanks. My style numbers will probably increase in due course, so i wanted to make sure that would diminish the performance of the software in the long run.

it would be good if rather than have all the styles displayed down the page, if they could be chosen from a drop down box instead. Maybe have both. It would definately reduce the amount of scrolling involved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X