Smilies Problem/Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilies Problem/Bug

Actually, for now there's a particular smilie that's messing up. I did a search but I haven't really found anything useful, so here's my problem.

When I upgraded straight to 3.0 Beta 5, this one particular smilie showed its coding; i.e., smilieid="30" />, or something like that. I went within my CP to figure out the problem and fix it, but nothing unsual was seen. For that reason, I deleted the smilie and tried to create it again. I got the message saying the smilie already exists, but I don't see it anywhere on display.

However, that fixed the problem, and the smilie doesn't show its coding or anything in posts. Only the image is still in the vB's image directory, but it doesn't exist in the Admin CP. What's going on? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Lexserv
    Actually, for now there's a particular smilie that's messing up. I did a search but I haven't really found anything useful, so here's my problem.

When I upgraded straight to 3.0 Beta 5, this one particular smilie showed its coding; i.e., smilieid="30" />, or something like that. I went within my CP to figure out the problem and fix it, but nothing unsual was seen. For that reason, I deleted the smilie and tried to create it again. I got the message saying the smilie already exists, but I don't see it anywhere on display.

However, that fixed the problem, and the smilie doesn't show its coding or anything in posts. Only the image is still in the vB's image directory, but it doesn't exist in the Admin CP. What's going on? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.
    i have the exact same problem - any help on this ?
    Digital-Forums: www.digital-forums.com | CK3 Games: www.ck3.co.uk

Comment

Unfortunately, no one has given me an answer to my problem. I'm still encountering the same smilie problems. Hopefully someone will get back to us on this soon.

Comment

Same here, Strange problem. I cannot find a solution.

Comment

I think i found the problem. I had some smilies with the same (Text to Replace).

Comment

There's definitely a fix for this somewhere, I had the same problem, it was something simple. Unfortunately I don't have time to find it right now.
            HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
            Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
            iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
            VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

I have the same problem.

any help?

Comment

upgrade to beta 6 is my first suggestion.

There was a few smiley parsing issues fixed.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

already did this. now when I click on 'Show all Smilies' and click on a smilie it doesn't show up in the editor!!

what's that?

Comment

thats a bug in beta 6.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....view&bugid=675

fixed but the fix was too complicated to provide a patch for.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Schorsch
                      already did this. now when I click on 'Show all Smilies' and click on a smilie it doesn't show up in the editor!!

what's that?
                      Make sure you don't have two smilies with the same text to be replaced.

Comment

If you are in Beta 5 :
                        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....view&bugid=388

And whatever version you are, check you don't have any replacement texts that overlap :
                        :-( and :-()
                        ^_^ and (^_^)
                        lol and :lol:
                        Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                        Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                        Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

Originally posted by Schorsch

what's that?
                          im getting the same thing...... (I think)

the "show all smilies" link does not even pop up the All smilies window...

and if I go into WYSIWYG mode, when I choose "show all smilies" from the drop down, it won't post to the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclical
                            im getting the same thing...... (I think)
                            the "show all smilies" link does not even pop up the All smilies window...

n/m.. I fixed this problem.. I forgot to revert that part of the template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X