No announcement yet.

change the copyright info to an image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change the copyright info to an image?

this is pissing me off... I hate vb3, it makes you use the copyright info thing and so I must have my copyright as text but I want to make it an image... how can I change this?

nm, found out.. just comment it out that way vb3 still thinks its there but its not
    Last edited by Xelation; Sun 17 Aug '03, 11:26am.

Use this code:

Code:
    <!-- //$vbphrase[powered_by_vbulletin] -->
    This is a really bad idea for people who design their forums using an image for the footer and put the copyright on the image though..
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Uhh... it doesn't "make" you use the copyright if try to remove it from the footer template -- it simply asks if you are sure you want to remove it. You can always say yes to that message.

But you could always just edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
        Uhh... it doesn't "make" you use the copyright if try to remove it from the footer template -- it simply asks if you are sure you want to remove it. You can always say yes to that message.

But you could always just edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase instead.
        uh... I had no choice in the matter.. I was forced to use it.

Comment

There is the option as Mike said but what's the point in saying you will be violating the copyright agreement. Most people who remove it for some reason will be people who aren't breaking the license agreement and will put the copyright in the images
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

you can only change it by editing the footer template, it wont let you change it via the main style editing.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Xelation
              this is pissing me off... I hate vb3,
              There IS other forum software out there if you prefer. None is as easily customizeable as vBulletin though.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                There IS other forum software out there if you prefer. None is as easily customizeable as vBulletin though.
                im sure he was just saying that to blow off some steam .. i do it too

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X