How do I show a user's age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I show a user's age?

How do I show a user's age in the post bit?

Originally posted by ogden2k
    How do I show a user's age in the post bit?
    With discretion, of course. (Being 50 I'm allowed to say things like this. )

Actually I beliive this would require modifying the code to create and display an age field.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

it's easy to do with custom fields: $post[fieldx] But it's the the same with the age?

Comment

Try it, you can't go wrong.

Comment

I would, but I don't know what the field id is.

Comment

when you create the custom field.. you can hover over it and in your status bar, it should tell you what # it is.

Comment

This is not a custom field though... The birthday is something someone enters in their profile.

Comment

The age isn't available to you from the postbit template right now. I will activate it and you can then access it from $post[age] if you want to use it in the next beta/rc.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie
                  The age isn't available to you from the postbit template right now. I will activate it and you can then access it from $post[age] if you want to use it in the next beta/rc.
                  Great!

Comment

Is that going to be an option (vboption), or will it just do the tiny bit of math in the code and is it merely optional for you, the admin, to put $post[age] in the template?

Comment

That's great. We have a version of that running at vB.org for vB2, but I've always thought that it would be easy to include it as standard.

Comment

Tnx Freddy. I was fiddling arround with the age from the memberlist, but that needs hacking

Is it possible to release the patch before the next beta/rc here. In our forum showing the age in the postbit is a bit important

Comment

Excellent! Thanks, Freddie!

Comment

$post[age] is not working in beta 6 ...?

Comment

Did you look for the option in the admincp settings that turns it on?

Comment