500 posts required for custom avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 posts required for custom avatars

i want to set this but cant see how to do it in vb3. i cant find it :S i've looked in as many places as i could see but cant find this option anywhere.

Does anyone know if its supported in vb3?

Thanks.

You may want to make a special usergroup that allows avatars and set the promotion to change a persons usergroup to the new group once they reach 500 posts.

Dark Shogun

Comment

set up a new usergroup that people are promoted to when they have 500+ posts, and then enable user avatars.

sorry i don't have a working version of vb3 to do the exact steps.
      My Sites :

Comment

These are the steps to set up the promotion:

Open your Admin CP and do the following:
        1. Scroll down to the Usergroups panel and choose Add New Usergroup.
        2. Create the usergroup based on the Registered Users group (the drop down box at the top) and change the name to something suitable (e.g. Long-time Users) then scroll down to the Picture Uploading Options section.
        3. Set Can Upload Custom Avatars to Yes and save the usergroup.
        4. Go to Promotions under the Usergroup section and Add a New Promotion
        5. Choose Registered Users in the top drop down box at the top and set the Reputation, Days Registered and Post Count to whatever value you wish (in your case to 0, 0, 500). Leave the promotion type as Primary Group and choose Long-time Users in the drop down box.

Now, when users reach 500 posts they will be promoted to the Long-Time Users group and will be able to use custom avatars.

Comment

excellent, thanks for that guys again hehe

Comment

Originally posted by scri
            excellent, thanks for that guys again hehe
            I've done this so that "long term users" could see certain forums....

How do I run the promotion so that existing long term users get bumped up to the new usergroup? Or do I have to go through each of those manually and switch their usergroup from the short term to long term usergroup? It didn't seem to do it automatically and I looked through the update counters and didn't see anything that would do it....

Thanks.
            Pssst... yah you!! I'm a girl. So please don't call me "Dude", "Man", or "Guy"
            http://www.mommietalk.com

Comment

ah nevermind, i found it myself in the scheduled tasks. THANKS!
              Pssst... yah you!! I'm a girl. So please don't call me "Dude", "Man", or "Guy"
              http://www.mommietalk.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X