Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

admincp/template.php caused apache problems..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admincp/template.php caused apache problems..

my host sent me this e-mail:

problem on the server today with one of your scripts....

It's on tunercar and it's /forums/admincp/template.php

It caused quite a few problems, please look into resolving it, it caused a few apache processes to hang, also a mail problem...

what could cuase such a problem? i am in the process of making my site template. When i went to submit it one time it was taking forever and i realized my <if condition=""> wasn't set correctly, fixed it and it then went through.

thanks!
    -Mike

Digital Media Fusion<--Web hosting and design, cheap and affordable websites for all!
    Tuner Carz Forum .:|:.Tuner Carz.:|:.Dv6cougar.com.:|:.Midwest Neco

Would help if the hosting provider actually provided what process to hang, why he knows it was due to this script and what errors it was causing, and why and which email problems where there. Otherwise there is nothing to fix

Comment

i'll get that info, thanks
      -Mike

Digital Media Fusion<--Web hosting and design, cheap and affordable websites for all!

Comment

got the info. here's what he said happened:

it caused three or four apache processes to hang eating up all the cpu usage. I'm not sure if the mail problem was in result of the forum, but from what I see they happened right around the same time. Basically it corrupted the localdomains file for exim.....
        sounds really weird to me ??
        -Mike

Comment

vB version? What was the conditional?

Comment

vb version: 3.0.0 Beta 4

and the conditional was...
            PHP Code:
            <if conditional!="bbuserinfo[userid]">

//i changed it to 
            <if conditional="bbuserinfo[userid]">
            <!-- 
            info--><else />
            <!--
            althernate info here-->  
              </if>
            //and that worked fine 
            -Mike

Comment

We fixed a decent amount of bugs with template conditional parsing with beta 5, so that may prevent the issue in the future. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue though.

Also, you're missing the $ before bbuserinfo.

Comment

lol your right about the $ but not in my templates.

is Beta 5 available?
                Last edited by dv6cougar; Fri 8 Aug '03, 4:49pm.
                -Mike

Comment

Beta 5 has been available since Monday. In order to get notified of new Beta Releases, it is recommended that you subscribe to the Announcements Forum on this site with regular daily updates. The system will then notify you when we make a release.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

ok thanks alot

one more question... if i upgrade to Beta 5 are my templates gonna get redone again? or is most of the bugs fixed in the php?

basically, did you do anything to the database between beta 4 and beta 5 ?
                    -Mike

Comment

there were alot of php bugsfixed. when rc comes out there will be a new style so i dont really think the templates are their main priority though but your templates will not get over written

Comment

ok thanks. my templates were not overwritten when i upgraded to beta 4 simple all convereted to this layout and they were not supposed to be that way lol. oh well, i'll save the one i'm amking now in beta 4 and when i go to install beta 5 nothing should happen and if it does, well I have the file to reinstall it

thanks alot
                        -Mike

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X