No announcement yet.

MySQL Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this was suggested by your host, tell them it doesn't work and ask then to either fix the permissions or provide a solution that doeswork.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
      Telnet is built into Windows. Here is how you bring it up.

Start>Run>Command>Telnet www.yourdomain.com

Not all web hosting services allow using Telnet because it isn't as safe as SSH.

If your web hosing company requires SSH you need to use a program called putty.exe. It is a free download and you install it Windows like any other program. Just type putty.exe in a Google search and follow the first link to down load it.
      When I type Start>Run>Command>Telnet www.mydomain.com

It bring me a login screen...at here I used my login and password is the same as I used to login on my main server; however, it is incorrect. Why it that happend?

Do I login in with user name and password of data base or username and password login in at main pannel control? Many thanks for help me out

Comment

The username and password to telnet should be the same as your FTP login. If not, then you'll need to ask your host for the correct values.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          The username and password to telnet should be the same as your FTP login. If not, then you'll need to ask your host for the correct values.
          Thanks Steve, maybe my host provider not allow me to access using telnet. I am so affair that I can't back up my database. So I might loss all. What can i do, if they can't let me back up and they won't back up database for me.

Comment

Since this was suggested by your host, tell them it doesn't work and ask then to either fix the permissions or provide a solution that doeswork.
            I really like my host and he has been very good at responding to my queries (hence I haven't smeared the host all over the forums). For any of those SQL gods, does the syntax look ok and if it does, what does the error represent? Is it a standard perms error?

Thanks!

Comment

m4yh3m, as I posted previously if the command suggested by your host doesn't work, then contact them. It looks like they don't have the permissions configured correctly to allow you to run that command.

calvinnguyen, if your host provide CPanel, you can use the backup option in that to make backups of your database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok im thick i cant get it to work keeps saying file or dictory does not exist

Comment

Originally posted by Depraved
                  ok im thick i cant get it to work keeps saying file or dictory does not exist
                  Care to elaborate on what you are doing to create this error?

Comment

typo lol but now im getting

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user: '******@localhost' <Using password: YES> when trying to connect

Comment

that means you dont have access. but you should probally start you own thread >.>

Comment

m4yh3m, as I posted previously if the command suggested by your host doesn't work, then contact them. It looks like they don't have the permissions configured correctly to allow you to run that command.

calvinnguyen, if your host provide CPanel, you can use the backup option in that to make backups of your database.
                        I have provide CPanel, but when I backup it va restore it back. I will get error and it didn't work.

Is it any that I backup it by using backup at CPanel to upload it to another server by using restore option at CPanel?

Note that: I can't login both server by using SSL machince.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X