Promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotions

Can someone explain how to create a promotion which allows registered users to upload custom avatars after 9 posts? I currently have the default titles on and it came to my attention that users could upload custom avatars when they reached the "Member" title which I don't want. Thanks in advance.

I hate bumping but I'm not having any success at figuring this out. Anyone?

Comment

Add a new usergroup with the permissions/settings you want.
      Go back to the usergroup manager if you're not already there and change the drop down to "edit promotions".
      Click "add new promotion".
      The settings are probably pretty close to what you want as is, but you might want to try reputation=0, days registered=0, posts=9. Leave the promotion strategy at all "ands" and adjust any other options how you like (like, the usergroup settings ).
      Submit and make sure your registered group doesn't have permission to use custom avatars.

After the scheduled task is run, the users who meet that criteria will be able to use custom avatars.
      Last edited by Mike Sullivan; Thu 7 Aug '03, 6:36am.

Comment

Ever since upgrading to beta 6, the "Promotions" scheduled task do not run automatically. Did something change in that field? I can't seem to find the problem. Thanks in advance.

Comment

That's a known (and recently fixed) bug. There's a fix available in the bug tracker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X