No announcement yet.

[Beta 5] Language issues and typos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said it was impossible to change '1000' to something else. It would be very easy to do but I don't see the need to do it right now. The end user sees "from the beginning" and it doesn't matter to them if 1000 or -2 gets passed to the form

Comment

It matters for hackers and webmasters if they want to modify the templates to allow displays of long limited ranges : 500 days, 1000 days, 1500 days, ... and they won't understand why it doesn't work for 1000 days... But I agree, it is really trivial.
      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

Comment

Just use 999 days

Comment

Template SEARCH-FORUMS

This is a request for future language phrases.
          Take a look at this code (it is supposed to explain what was the search query).
          Code:
          [SIZE=1]			<a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]$searchquery">Searched[COLOR=red] for[/COLOR]</a>
          			<if condition="$action == 'process'">
          				<if condition="$displayWords">$displayWords</if>
          [COLOR=red]				<if condition="$displayWords and $displayUsers">in</if>[/COLOR]
          				<if condition="$displayUsers">
          					<if condition="$starteronly">threads started by<else />posts made by</if> $displayUsers
          				</if>
          			<else />
          				<if condition="$action == 'getnew'">new posts<else />posts from last day</if>
          			</if>
          [/SIZE]
          The big problem is that the word for is translated differently in French if it is followed by $displayWords or threads / posts...
          So we need to expand it at least somewhat like this :
          Code:
          [SIZE=1]			<a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]$searchquery">Searched</a>
          			<if condition="$action == 'process'">
          				<if condition="$displayWords">[COLOR=red]for [/COLOR]$displayWords</if>
          				<if condition="$displayUsers">
          [COLOR=red]					<if condition="$displayWords">in<else />for</if>[/COLOR]
          					<if condition="$starteronly">threads started by<else />posts made by</if> $displayUsers
          				</if>
          			<else />
          				[COLOR=red]for [/COLOR]<if condition="$action == 'getnew'">new posts<else />posts from last day</if>
          			</if>
          [/SIZE]
          About vbphrases, you might be able to keep "in" and "for" alone, but you will need a vbphrase dedicated to "for $displayWords"

Comment

/misc.php?do=attachments
            Template attachmentlistbit

When a post has no title, $post[p_title] is hardcoded to «no title».

Comment

Originally posted by Lumina
              /misc.php?do=attachments
              Template attachmentlistbit

When a post has no title, $post[p_title] is hardcoded to «no title».
              I already got that one (see on this forum)...

Comment

Nothing relevant with the word "title" from the past 2 weeks on this forum. But maybee it is elsewhere... doesn't really matter.

I managed to send an ICQ message to myself and I received this :
                NickName : Lumina
                EMail : [email protected]
                Sender IP: 212.129.xxx.xxx
                Subject: From WebPager Panel
                test
                So it is a translatable phrase, and you can add it to the language file later on.

Comment

template showthread_quickreply
                  Is it ok to have three times an equal sign ?
                  Code:
                  		<if condition="$threadedmode == 1 or $qrpostid === 'who cares'">

Comment

template showthread_quickreply
                    Is it ok to have three times an equal sign ?
                    Code:
                    		<if condition="$threadedmode == 1 or $qrpostid === 'who cares'">
                    Yes === has a special meaning, besides that is debug code that will be removed.

As for the "no title" issue, I just happened upon it myself when working on the attachment lister.

Comment

template navbar
                      javascript:simplesearch();

The following popup is hardcoded when pushing "(temporary button) Simple Search" :
                      Search forums for threads containing the following word(s)...

Comment

Template FORUMDISPLAY

The following is inaccurate when $daysprune==1000 :
                        Code:
                        			<b>There have been no posts in the last $daysprune days in this forum.</b><br />
                        			<span class="smallfont">Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.</span>
                        I suggest the following improvment :
                        Code:
                        [color=red]		<if condition="$daysprune != 1000">[/color]
                        			<b>There have been no posts in the last $daysprune days in this forum.</b><br />
                        			<span class="smallfont">Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.</span>
                        [color=red]		<else />
                        			<b>There never have been any post in this forum.</b>
                        		</if>[/color]

Comment

Template FORUMDISPLAY

The following is inaccurate when $daysprune==1000 :
                          Code:
                          I suggest the following improvment :
                          Code:
                          [color=red]		<if condition="$daysprune != 1000">[/color]
                          [color=red]		<else />
                          			<b>There never have been any post in this forum.</b>
                          		</if>[/color]
                          Not anymore since I already changed it to use -1 to indicate "all threads"

Comment

template navbar
                            javascript:simplesearch();

The following popup is hardcoded when pushing "(temporary button) Simple Search" :
                            I'm not sure what we are doing about text in the .js files so I will leave this one for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie
                              Not anymore since I already changed it to use -1 to indicate "all threads"
                              -1 was used to indicate "forum default value" in MODIFY
                              0 was used to indicate "all threads" in SEARCH-FORUMS

If you've changed "all threads" to -1, then what happened about "forum default value" ?

Comment

"Forum Default Value" has to be 0 since if you come to forum display with a value set (from clicking on the pagenav) you will want to use something other than the "Forum Default Value". If you defined "Show All Threads" as 0 then when you firsty came to forumdisplay, you would see all threads, no matter what your personal preference may be.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X