Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Beta 5] Language issues and typos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I never said it was impossible to change '1000' to something else. It would be very easy to do but I don't see the need to do it right now. The end user sees "from the beginning" and it doesn't matter to them if 1000 or -2 gets passed to the form

    Comment


    • #32
      It matters for hackers and webmasters if they want to modify the templates to allow displays of long limited ranges : 500 days, 1000 days, 1500 days, ... and they won't understand why it doesn't work for 1000 days... But I agree, it is really trivial.
      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

      Comment


      • #33
        Just use 999 days

        Comment


        • #34
          Template SEARCH-FORUMS

          This is a request for future language phrases.
          Take a look at this code (it is supposed to explain what was the search query).
          Code:
          [SIZE=1]			<a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]$searchquery">Searched[COLOR=red] for[/COLOR]</a>
          			<if condition="$action == 'process'">
          				<if condition="$displayWords">$displayWords</if>
          [COLOR=red]				<if condition="$displayWords and $displayUsers">in</if>[/COLOR]
          				<if condition="$displayUsers">
          					<if condition="$starteronly">threads started by<else />posts made by</if> $displayUsers
          				</if>
          			<else />
          				<if condition="$action == 'getnew'">new posts<else />posts from last day</if>
          			</if>
          [/SIZE]
          The big problem is that the word for is translated differently in French if it is followed by $displayWords or threads / posts...
          So we need to expand it at least somewhat like this :
          Code:
          [SIZE=1]			<a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]$searchquery">Searched</a>
          			<if condition="$action == 'process'">
          				<if condition="$displayWords">[COLOR=red]for [/COLOR]$displayWords</if>
          				<if condition="$displayUsers">
          [COLOR=red]					<if condition="$displayWords">in<else />for</if>[/COLOR]
          					<if condition="$starteronly">threads started by<else />posts made by</if> $displayUsers
          				</if>
          			<else />
          				[COLOR=red]for [/COLOR]<if condition="$action == 'getnew'">new posts<else />posts from last day</if>
          			</if>
          [/SIZE]
          About vbphrases, you might be able to keep "in" and "for" alone, but you will need a vbphrase dedicated to "for $displayWords"
          Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
          Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
          Join the vBulletin French community social group!

          Comment


          • #35
            /misc.php?do=attachments
            Template attachmentlistbit


            When a post has no title, $post[p_title] is hardcoded to «no title».
            Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
            Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
            Join the vBulletin French community social group!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Lumina
              /misc.php?do=attachments
              Template attachmentlistbit


              When a post has no title, $post[p_title] is hardcoded to «no title».
              I already got that one (see on this forum)...

              Comment


              • #37
                Nothing relevant with the word "title" from the past 2 weeks on this forum. But maybee it is elsewhere... doesn't really matter.

                I managed to send an ICQ message to myself and I received this :
                NickName : Lumina
                EMail : [email protected]
                Sender IP: 212.129.xxx.xxx
                Subject: From WebPager Panel
                test
                So it is a translatable phrase, and you can add it to the language file later on.
                Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                Join the vBulletin French community social group!

                Comment


                • #38
                  template showthread_quickreply
                  Is it ok to have three times an equal sign ?
                  Code:
                  		<if condition="$threadedmode == 1 or $qrpostid === 'who cares'">
                  Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                  Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                  Join the vBulletin French community social group!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Lumina
                    template showthread_quickreply
                    Is it ok to have three times an equal sign ?
                    Code:
                    		<if condition="$threadedmode == 1 or $qrpostid === 'who cares'">
                    Yes === has a special meaning, besides that is debug code that will be removed.

                    As for the "no title" issue, I just happened upon it myself when working on the attachment lister.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      template navbar
                      javascript:simplesearch();

                      The following popup is hardcoded when pushing "(temporary button) Simple Search" :
                      Search forums for threads containing the following word(s)...
                      Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                      Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                      Join the vBulletin French community social group!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Template FORUMDISPLAY

                        The following is inaccurate when $daysprune==1000 :
                        Code:
                        			<b>There have been no posts in the last $daysprune days in this forum.</b><br />
                        			<span class="smallfont">Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.</span>
                        I suggest the following improvment :
                        Code:
                        [color=red]		<if condition="$daysprune != 1000">[/color]
                        			<b>There have been no posts in the last $daysprune days in this forum.</b><br />
                        			<span class="smallfont">Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.</span>
                        [color=red]		<else />
                        			<b>There never have been any post in this forum.</b>
                        		</if>[/color]
                        Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                        Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                        Join the vBulletin French community social group!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Lumina
                          Template FORUMDISPLAY

                          The following is inaccurate when $daysprune==1000 :
                          Code:
                          			<b>There have been no posts in the last $daysprune days in this forum.</b><br />
                          			<span class="smallfont">Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.</span>
                          I suggest the following improvment :
                          Code:
                          [color=red]		<if condition="$daysprune != 1000">[/color]
                          			<b>There have been no posts in the last $daysprune days in this forum.</b><br />
                          			<span class="smallfont">Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.</span>
                          [color=red]		<else />
                          			<b>There never have been any post in this forum.</b>
                          		</if>[/color]
                          Not anymore since I already changed it to use -1 to indicate "all threads"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Lumina
                            template navbar
                            javascript:simplesearch();

                            The following popup is hardcoded when pushing "(temporary button) Simple Search" :
                            I'm not sure what we are doing about text in the .js files so I will leave this one for now.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Freddie
                              Not anymore since I already changed it to use -1 to indicate "all threads"
                              -1 was used to indicate "forum default value" in MODIFY
                              0 was used to indicate "all threads" in SEARCH-FORUMS

                              If you've changed "all threads" to -1, then what happened about "forum default value" ?
                              Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
                              Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
                              Join the vBulletin French community social group!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                "Forum Default Value" has to be 0 since if you come to forum display with a value set (from clicking on the pagenav) you will want to use something other than the "Forum Default Value". If you defined "Show All Threads" as 0 then when you firsty came to forumdisplay, you would see all threads, no matter what your personal preference may be.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X